Upfront - Automatic Background image Rotation ?

Hi,
Is it possible to get an Automated background image rotation. Where the selected files are from a specific folder within the Media Gallery?

The intention would be to allow users to upload images then for these images to be displayed as background images similar to this site

thanks
Tom

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello Tom,

I hope you're well today and thank you for your question!

I took a look at an example site and I as far as I understand you'd like your theme to use a random image (e.g. from pre-defined list or folder) each time the side is loaded, am I correct?

Spirit theme doesn't support such feature out of the box. Actually I believe in case of themes that may support this it would also be a custom coded feature.

I think however there might be a workaround here. This plugin supposedly allows you to use "random image upon each re-load":

https://wordpress.org/plugins/mpress-image-refresh/

I think you could then put a "Text" element on you page and insert plugin's shortcode there. This should provide your with random images so next step would be to identify the .class name of this newly added "text" element and then adjust it with some CSS rules to cover full-screen and go into background. I haven't had a chance to test it but sounds promising, though id doesn't seem to be working with Spirit default homepage and pages/posts only.

That said, I don't think there's any "ready to go" solution and achieving this effect would need some custom coding. However, the plugin I mentioned can give you a good starting point.

If you need any further assistance, I'll be glad to help!

Cheers,
    Adam