Upfront bug: I want to create a second navigation bar without having to re-add it on every page

Been trying to figure this out for the last few hours.

Right if I create a panino page site, i can go to the blog page, change a navigation element and it will change for all the other subsquent pages with the exception of the home page. Got it.

But...what if I want to add a 2nd navigation bar with the different background than the main one (trying do this to have a shopping cart element to get this as a feasible option for woocommerce was recommended by wpmudev staff to use https://wordpress.org/plugins/woocommerce-menu-bar-cart to be able to have a persistant shopping cart)

So far I can add a new global region, and then add the secondary nav menu...but I have to do it on every page individual.

Suggestions on how to do it once so that the region i add acts with the same persistance as a default region on all the sub pages?

Thanks

• Kasia Swiderska

Hello Ben,

So far I can add a new global region, and then add the secondary nav menu...but I have to do it on every page individual.

Yes, this is how the global regions are working - adding global region on one page doesn't mean that they will be added automatically on every page.
    When you add elements to global region on one page - those elements will show up o every page where you added that global region.
    So region has to be added to each existing page - but for posts and archive pages you can add it on one page and save it for all types.

Suggestions on how to do it once so that the region i add acts with the same persistance as a default region on all the sub pages?

Once global region is added to pages it will act the same way - change done on one page will be propagated on all pages where global region is used.

Ben, that is not bug - this is how Upfront was designed. Pages can have different designs, different layouts, there is no guarantee that if region inserted automatically to page will be in right place in right order. That is why regions are not adding automatically to all pages.

kind regards,
    Kasia

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.