UpFront Builder and Multisite

Wondering about creating new themes in UpFront Builder and using them across multisite.
When I create a new UpFront child theme and save it, the changes are only saved on the domain that I used the Builder in. If I try to active that theme on a different domain, the changes are not saved. Is it necessary to export the theme and re-upload it to my network when finalized?

• Predrag Dubajic

Hey Leslie,

Hope you're well :slight_smile:

When you create a theme with Upfront Builder your theme and its settings will be saved inside your wp-content/themes/YOUR_THEME/ folder, once the theme is activated on site and you make changes with Upfront Editor the changes will be saved in your database and not in themes folder.

In WP network installation each subsite has its own DB tables so when you make changes with Upfront Editor it will save those changes only for that specific subsite where you're making changes.

When you're creating child theme make sure that changes are made inside Builder and not Editor, once you're done and you activate your child theme on different subsite the changes from Builder will load there, after that you should use Editor to add content specific to that subsite.

Hope this clears things up :slight_smile:

Best regards,
    Predrag

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.