Upfront Builder bug? - anchor links include /create_new/{theme name}/#{anchor}

While customizing a new builder theme I was trying to add buttons that link to anchors. When the builder theme is activated on the site the links include the builder url ".../create_new/{theme name}/#{anchor}"

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello jesse,

I hope you're well today and thank you for your question!

I have just added some buttons with anchor links to a custom theme on my test site in order to check this but it seems to be working fine. Therefore I would like to take a closer look at your site. Could you please enable support access for me using our WPMU DEV Dashboard plugin? Here's a guide on how to do this:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/wpmu-dev-dashboard-enabling-staff-login/

Let me also know here please where the buttons in question are and where should they point to.

Best regards,
    Adam

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello jesse!

Thank you for granting access.

I checked the site and in order to check the theme I downloaded your "Starter" theme and installed in on my end. I can see that it's basically a customized "Fixer" theme and also that it's been further "per-site" customized with Upfront editor - so when I installed it on my end it looks a bit different than on your site.

I can however see four buttons there: actualize, blog, about and contact. They all seem to target related anchors after being enabled on the site so I think the issue here may be a bit different.

That being said, is your site "live" already or could I e.g. edit one of the other themes and temporarily activate it on site in order to test that? If that's not acceptable, would it be possible that you set a staging site (that would be a one-one copy of your current site) and granted me access to it so I could test it safely there?

Let me know please.

Best regards,
    Adam

• Dimitris

Hey there jesse,

hope you're doing good and don't mind chiming in here! :slight_smile:

I've noticed that there are multiple versions of the same anchor when selecting where to point the link.

These aren't duplicates of the same anchor link. In this dropdown selection you should be able to see:
    - all anchors created in the page
    - all regions used in page
    So the two "music" options are about the "music" region which links to /#upfront-region-container-music while the other "music" is the actual anchor you created and links to /#music. I'd rather advise you to select different labels for regions and anchor links in order to better inspect and set them in UF.

Hope that was some help, feel free to post back here if more assistance is required!
    Warm regards,
    Dimitris

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.