Upfront builder issue

Hello
I am currently restructuring and designing a Network for a client who had been using Upfront builder on all sites on this network.
I encountered a rather unusual issue which has risen some troubling questions for me about Upfront builder.
Keep in mind that I don't know if he might have used the builder incorrectly or what I've observed is usual. Here is my observation:
During reviewing their existing network to retrieve and save as much as I can, I noticed the backend info and what shows on the front are different where he had previously used the backend forms and later used upfront for revising it. On these pages and posts, I clicked edit page and took me to the backend and the content of that form is the older revision.
I am trying to understand which table is used to store content that is entered using Upfront builder.
How does this work??
I appreciate any insight on this matter.
Sophie

• Nithin

Hi sophie,

Hope you are doing good today. :slight_smile:

Upfront builder is used to develop websites from scratch, all the changes made in Upfront Builder are saved in theme folder, and these themes are distributeable ie you can copy the theme folder, into a new WordPress install, and all the changes will be intact.

On the other hand, changes made through Upfront Editor are saved in the database, in wp_options table, and the changes will only apply per site ie they are site specific.

I hope this helps in distinguishing the difference between Upfront Builder, and Upfront Editor.

During reviewing their existing network to retrieve and save as much as I can, I noticed the backend info and what shows on the front are different where he had previously used the backend forms and later used upfront for revising it. On these pages and posts, I clicked edit page and took me to the backend and the content of that form is the older revision.

Did they edit using Upfront Editor, or Upfront Builder? To have a better idea about this issue, I would like to check your website, and it's configuration. Could you please enable support access, and the mentioned page, so that we could give a closer look.

I am trying to understand which table is used to store content that is entered using Upfront builder.

I suppose these are the default WordPress pages, and post. Upfront doesn't store these content in any extra table, it makes use of the default table of WordPress(wp_posts), and changes will be updated on the mentioned table.

Please do specify the pages where you are seeing the anomalies, and grant access from WPMU DEV > Support > Support Access > Grant Access, or check this manual: http://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/wpmu-dev-dashboard-enabling-staff-login/

Please let us know once you enable access, so that we could get this sorted. Have a nice weekend. :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,
    Nithin