Upfront Builder + Marketpress new compatibility

Hi,

Recently there has been an update of Marketpress and Upfront.

They now have compatibility with each other.

What is this compatibility? As I have an ecommerce theme over at https://ecommerce.upfront.club/ I do not see anything that is different.

In Upfront Builder, I am expecting draggable elements of data, to be called products - along side the existing posts, meta, etc.

Any further information much appreciated.

Cheers,

Johnny

• Rupok

Hi johnnymestizo,

What is this compatibility?

Actually we fixed lots of issues between Upfront themes and MarketPress. And not only that, now you can create page layouts for MarketPress pages from inside Upfront Builder. Please check the attached screenshot for reference.

So when creating a theme, you can create MarketPress archive, single product page, cart page etc. layouts for your theme from Upfront Builder.

In Upfront Builder, I am expecting draggable elements of data, to be called products - along side the existing posts, meta, etc.

The "post data" element in "data" tab in Upfront Builder doesn't put WordPress native posts. Rather, it pulls appropriate post type single post data when you are creating layouts for that custom post type. For example, when you are creating/editing MarketPress single post page, if you drag and drop that "post data" element on your page, it will show post data of "product" custom post type, which is product data of MarketPress. Please check this video for reference: http://take.ms/Y4q7q

When I created a layout for MarketPress single product page and dragged the "post data" element, it didn't show WordPress native posts. Rather it's showing single product data. I've created a MarketPress single product page layout in your theme and I can see these options in there too. Can you please check and confirm?

Please let us know if you still have any confusion or if you are stuck at any point. We will be glad to help further.

Have a nice day. Cheers!
    Rupok