Upfront Builder Page Name Issue

When I create a new page and title it, Every time I update/publish the page, the title reverts back to "New Page". I have tried to clear my cache and use a different browser but nothing has worked thus far.

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hello April!

I hope you're well today and thank you for your question!

I'm glad you found a way out, however I'd like to make sure if there's an issue that we should investigate. Upfront shouldn't behave like this and it should use the title that you gave to the page. You did however assign your post to the "Upfront Builder" and this makes me think that there may be a slight confusion involved :slight_smile:

Upfront Builder is a plugin that lets you build themes for Upfront parent theme but it's not for managing content. You cannot therefore use it to create new content for your site. Upfront themes work based on Upfront parent theme that provides Upfront editor: this is what you activate by either clicking on "Upfront" link in your admin toolbar or by going to "Appearance -> Customize" menu.

That said, can you tell me please which one does the issue apply? I'm asking this just to make sure that you are using right tool and to check if I should investigate that further in case there was something to fix, I hope that makes sense :slight_smile:

Best regards,
    Adam

• April Priester
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Hello thanks for your assistance :slight_smile:.

So what I am doing with upfront is using it to flesh out a theme and it's subsequent pages/menus to be later filled dynamically with plugins.

Inside of the upfront builders editor, when I create a new page, it makes it's page, has its empty regions etc. On the left panel where it says page-title and url, I will give it its name and url then click update. Once it is done applying changes, the title will revert back to "New Page". The url however will remain persistent. This is a problem for pages created in upfront. The work around was to leave upfront and edit the title via Wordpress instead.

• Dimitris
    • Support Star

Hey there April Priester,

hope you're doing good and don't mind chiming in here! :slight_smile:

Following Adam's response about UF Editor of child themes and UF Builder plugin, it seems that Editor is the one that gives you troubles as a page title and URL can be set only via Editor whilst Builder can give you the capability to build page layouts instead of single posts.

Could you please grant us support access to your website to see that in action? You can do so via WPMUDEV Dashboard plugin as described here:
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/wpmu-dev-dashboard-enabling-staff-login/
    Just let us know whenever you do so, in order to dig in.

Warm regards,
    Dimitris

• Dimitris
    • Support Star

Hello April Priester,

I just downloaded your child theme and played with it in my test environment.
    Could you please try to insert a "post data" element in your page layout and test if this continues?
    Just ensure that page title is also visible in your layout and then the page title should be updating correctly.

Warm regards,
    Dimitris

• Kim
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

I am having the exact same issue in Upfront and it comes and goes! Some days it works just fine, other days I cannot change the name of a new page I've added in Upfront no matter how many times I try. Looking for suggestions!

• Predrag Dubajic
      • Support

Hi Kim,

Thanks for posting in this thread, however if the above solution doesn't work for you it will be best if you open your own, even if the issues seem closely related. That way it will remain independent of this one and ensure it doesn't confuse issues here if this thread needs reopening again by the author.

It also means the member who started this thread or anyone following it isn't inundated with post notifications each time we respond to each other. A lengthy thread could annoy the original poster.
      This also allows us to better track and answer your questions to ensure we don't miss any for you.

You can start a new thread here:
      http://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/#question

Thank you,
      Predrag

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.