Upfront Builder Post Parts - Post Tags not displaying

I know that future development of Upfront Builder had ended, but I am using it to edit a custom theme and I need to add Post Tags to some Posts that are embedded through Upfront using a Post List.

When I add the Post Part, I can see it in the preview, but it isn't being exported (or something is blocking it) to the live site when I save it. I have checked to see if the container is being added to the HTML of the site, and it is not.

I have tried the following to no avail:
*Adding a new Post List
*Adding a new Page Template and inserting a new Post List
*Adding Post Tags to another existing Page Template's Post List
*Emptying the Hummingbird cache with every change and every attempt at fixing it.

Because of this, I'm guessing that there is something blocking it from being generated, I just have no idea what would be causing this.

Screenshots have been attached and labeled to show the preview in Builder, the live website, and the code showing that the container for the tags doesn't exist on the live site.

• Kasia Swiderska
    • Support nomad

Hello Levi,

I did a quick test on my lab sites and tags in posts list are showing correctly after export.

Can you tell me if you are testing this on one site, or you are exporting them to another site? Also do you recall if you have at any point of the work edited that theme in Upfront Editor and then get back to Builder? Because if yes, then any changes made in Builder will not be affecting active theme. In this case you would need to Reset theme to version which is in Builder:

If this is not the case would you mind allowing support access so we can have a closer look at this? Also what is name of the theme you are working on?
    To enable support access you can follow this guide here:
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/docs/getting-started/getting-support/#chapter-5

kind regards,
    Kasia

• Levi
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Kasia,

Thank you for the reply.

I am attempting to implement this on the live site, not on a staged site then exporting. Also, I have not edited the theme using Upfront.

The theme is named "Equitable Acceptance" and Support Access has been granted.

Regards,
    Levi

• Kasia Swiderska
    • Support nomad

Hello Levi,

Thank you for support access - seems that there is issue with custom post types in this case.
    My initial test was on Posts with Tags, but on second test I tried the same configuration like on your site, so custom posts types and tags and we are able to confirm there is issue.
    In this case tags are not displaying on front-end and only in builder.
    This looks like a bug, so I am reporting this to developers - they will check it and if possible provide a hot fix for the problem.
    We will let you know about the results as soon as possible.

kind regards,
    Kasia

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.