Upfront Builder shortcodes in the GUI

Hi,

Every Upfront user has to at some point use the {{shortcodes}} and most of them would use them quite often and a lot. It would be a whole lot easier if there was a link in the GUI to allow insertion of a shortcode with images to select, or a drop-down, or at least a cheat-sheet.

I am sure most users will appreciate having this handy as it would save a ton of time in development.

I hope you take this into consideration.

To all members reading this: if you like the proposition, please support it so it attracts the attention of the developers.

Regards,

Georgi

• Luís

Hi Georgi Pepelyankov ,

Hope you're doing well today!

Firstly, thanks for your suggestion.

You can add shortcodes in Upfront editor/builder, inside a "Text" element, as an example. However, some plugins creates a "shortcode builder" in the default WordPress editor, like MarketPress.

In this cases, I think we should handle with this in a better way, but, if there is no "shortcode builder", we don't have a way to access to the shortcodes and we need to add them manually.

However, I am sure your suggestion will be taken into consideration for the next updates. Hopefully some other members will show their support for the feature too, the more members that ask for it the sooner it will happen.

Cheers, Luís

• kr3t3n

Hi Luis,

I'm sorry if my original post was not clear but I mean the shortcodes like {{permalink}} and {{thumbnail}} which we use a lot in the HTML code and then style in CSS. At the moment there is no cheat-sheet or a page where all of them are listed and considering how useful they are, probably a place to access them quickly in the GUI would be best.

I'm not talking about the Shortcodes Ultimate-type of shortcodes for styling effects. I hope this clarifies it.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.