upfront builder theme not transferring to new site correctly

I have a edited version of fixer that I have moved from a builder plugin build. The images and layout did not transfer correctly. Am I going to have to rebuild the site on the new domain every time I try and sell a theme?

Any assistance would help. I love this system and themes. I hope to be able to sell a lot of these.

Thank you in advance,

Clay

  • Adam Czajczyk

    Hello Clay,

    I hope you're well today and thank you for your question!

    Could you please tell me exactly how did you "transferred" the theme? I would also like to take a look by myself and try to get a copy of your customized theme into my test setup to see how it works for me. That said, could you please grant me a support access to your site? Here's a guide on how to do this:

    https://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/wpmu-dev-dashboard-enabling-staff-login/

    Just to make sure: the layout and images that you are referring to were created/added using Upfront Builder, is that correct? All the changes made with Upfront Builder but any changes made with Upfront editor (an Upfront theme built-in editor) won't be transferred as they are only a "per site" customizations.

    Best regards,
    Adam

  • Clay

    Adam,

    Thanks again for your help. I am using the builder only to edit themes. I was able to finish the them then in the builder theme area was able to download the theme. I built it on localguru.co but am testing the new theme upload on noexamlifequotes.com. These are old test sites I have.

    I will give access to both sites. If I need to I can rebuild I was just thinking that because the layout changed and some images were not there something else was going on.

  • Adam Czajczyk

    Hello Clay!

    Thanks for granting access to both sites.

    I have accessed the localguru site and downloaded your theme from "Upfront -> Upfront Builder" page. Then I went to my test multisite setup, installed the theme via "Network Admin -> Themes -> Add new", network enabled it and finally activated on the main site of my multisite. Here's what I end up with:

    I did not any changes or any "special steps" and it worked that way "out of the box", so I believe the theme itself is fine and either there's been some kind of interference during the transfer or there's something else preventing it from work.

    Please try these steps:

    1. download the theme again from the source site

    2. on your target site:

    - disable and remove that theme
    - remove Upfront (parent) theme
    - disable plugins except WPMU DEV Dashboard
    - clear browser cache
    - go to WPMU DEV -> Themes page and install any theme (in order to get Upfront parent back) except Fixer (in order to avoid potential conflicts) so for example Panino, Spirit or any other of them
    - go to "Network Admin -> Themes -> Add new" and install your custom theme again from that newly downloaded file
    - enable it back on your site

    Let's see if the theme is still broken after that, let me know please.

    Best regards,
    Adam

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.