Upfront Builder UI issues when updating padding of an element

We found an issue with Builder's UI when you change the padding of an element. When you do not close the the pop-up bubble and move on the next viewport, the values on the padding do not refresh. This happens also even after saving the settings for a particular viewport. -> then moving to another one. Assuming that paddings in Tablet were already set differently from the Desktop, on desktop layout -> click responsive button -> then click tablet, the form remains open but the numbers do not change.

This happens on Mac and windows browsers where the server is a local machine or hosted on the cloud.

From a UX standpoint, it confuses the one working on the layout. Then secondly the values being saved will be incorrect. Obviously the solution was to close the adjust padding popup first however, imagine the amount of time figuring out dealing with these sort of issues that we find on builder.

On a slightly related one, it would be good if builder will warn the user to save the element settings for a particular viewport before a user clicks another. Or probably disable the other responsive icons until the user clicks Save (making the save button more obvious). The present UI invites a users who is gung-ho to click and click without realising his data hasn't changed at all.

We would be able to suss things out ourselves but realising the tremendous amount of time we spend on just solving issues, we felt that we need to call your attention. We spent heaps of times guarding what and when builder is saving files in the theme folder and data on wp-post table. This is just to learn the behaviour of the system.

We could post a support ticket but sorry to be blunt - we often come across on searching the WPMU Dev's public support tickets that the issues cannot be replicated and we find no answers after a request from your side to login to people's wordpress site.

We do not need further support on this but kindly consider our suggestions.

Thank you.

• Rupok

Hi Jonathan,

When you do not close the the pop-up bubble and move on the next viewport, the values on the padding do not refresh. This happens also even after saving the settings for a particular viewport. -> then moving to another one.

So sorry for the inconvenience you are having but I'm afraid, I'm not sure if I understood the issue properly. Did you mean that when you change padding in desktop viewport and then go to tablet/mobile viewport without closing that padding popup, then the element shows the same padding you set in desktop mode instead of showing what padding was set for that element in tablet mode? If yes, then I tried to regenerate this on my test site but I could not. When I switch mode, element padding changes as long as that element has different padding set for different modes.

But if this is not what you meant, can you please provide a little more details with screenshots so we can understand better about the issue? We can help you best if we are clear about the issue. Your second issue will be solved if this one is solved I guess.

Please send us as much specific details as you can. I'm looking forward to hearing from you and resolving this issue as soon as possible.

Have a nice day. Cheers!
    Rupok

• Jonathan

Hi Rupok,

Did you mean that when you change padding in desktop viewport and then go to tablet/mobile viewport without closing that padding popup, then the element shows the same padding you set in desktop mode instead of showing what padding was set for that element in tablet mode?

Yes. Did you try it on different types machines, different browsers and different servers as we did? This is likely an issue with JS not being able to refresh states. This matter is not much of an important to us because we are aware now. It will benefit other developers or users if you will be able to replicate the problem and resolve it. Unfortunately though we cannot provide you with a screen recording due to confidentiality.

Also I hope you will also acknowledge the one I quoted below. This entails moving from one viewport to another without clicking the save button in the responsive mode. If solved, new users will save time from dealing with this. This is a UI issue that was really frustrating to find out that your changes did not save and secondly to spend extra time to figure out what caused it.

On a slightly related one, it would be good if builder will warn the user to save the element settings for a particular viewport before a user clicks another. Or probably disable the other responsive icons until the user clicks Save (making the save button more obvious). The present UI invites a users who is gung-ho to click and click without realising his data hasn't changed at all.

Cheers
    J

`

• Kasia Swiderska

Hello Jonathan,

Yes. Did you try it on different types machines, different browsers and different servers as we did?

I tested this on my local machine and on test server and I was able to replicate issue. i will show that to developers, so they can investigate the issue.

Can you provide example and exact steps on how to replicate issue? I'm checking and in builder I can make changes in responsive mode, exit responsive mode and go back and changes are still there. What I am missing here? Please advise.

kind regards,
    Kasia

• Kasia Swiderska

Hello Jonathan,

Yes. Did you try it on different types machines, different browsers and different servers as we did?

I tested this on my local machine and on test server and I was able to replicate issue. i will show that to developers, so they can investigate the issue.

Can you provide example and exact steps on how to replicate issue? I'm checking and in builder I can make changes in responsive mode, exit responsive mode and go back and changes are still there. What I am missing here? Please advise.

kind regards,
    Kasia

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.