BUG REPORT with steps to recreate
It seems like using two separate menu elements on a page can cause a server to exhaust the server resources when editing in Builder. In the image one can see the green "IO Wait" in my steps 1+2 below. This IO-Wait is gone when only using one menu element as in steps 3+4.
The vertical dotted lines in the image is when I started each "recreating-step" described below.
- The edited page is a lightweight page with three regions: main, global header and global footer.
- One menu element is placed in the global header and the other in the global footer.
- There are 9 menu items in each menu element and the two menu elements are using two separate WP-menus as source.
Upfront V 1.7
Builder V 1.1.6
Active Theme: Custom theme built from scratch
My 4 steps to recreate the issue shown in the image
* With two menus
#1 - Entering Builder, saving page, waiting for menu elements to load. Loading times out and message "add menu items" is shown. Saving is done. I change to responsive mode and wait for menu elements to load. Server stops responding and I get a database error when trying to show the front page.
#2 - The server is now responding again after step #1. Entering Builder, saving page, waiting for menu elements to load. Loading times out and message "add menu items" is shown. Saving is done. I change to responsive mode and while menu elements is loading I change back to non-responsive edit mode again. Server stops responding and I get a database error when trying to show the front page.
After the server had come to live again I edited the global site footer and deleted the footer menu element. Resaved page and exited builder. Cleared Upfront Cache.
* With one menu (footer menu deleted)
#3 - Entering Builder, saving page, menu element load in a second or two. Change to responsive mode, menu items loads within seconds, save page. Enter non-responsive mode again and save. Exiting Builder and wait a bit before going to step #4.
#4 - Same as #3 but more aggressive editing. Fast paced sequence with save page - change to responsive - save page - back to non-responsive - save page. I did this three times within 20 seconds without much delay when loading the menu element and its items.