Upfront builder - Using more than one menu element exhausts server resources while editing

BUG REPORT with steps to recreate
It seems like using two separate menu elements on a page can cause a server to exhaust the server resources when editing in Builder. In the image one can see the green "IO Wait" in my steps 1+2 below. This IO-Wait is gone when only using one menu element as in steps 3+4.

The vertical dotted lines in the image is when I started each "recreating-step" described below.

- The edited page is a lightweight page with three regions: main, global header and global footer.
- One menu element is placed in the global header and the other in the global footer.
- There are 9 menu items in each menu element and the two menu elements are using two separate WP-menus as source.

Upfront V 1.7
Builder V 1.1.6
Active Theme: Custom theme built from scratch

My 4 steps to recreate the issue shown in the image

* With two menus
#1 - Entering Builder, saving page, waiting for menu elements to load. Loading times out and message "add menu items" is shown. Saving is done. I change to responsive mode and wait for menu elements to load. Server stops responding and I get a database error when trying to show the front page.

#2 - The server is now responding again after step #1. Entering Builder, saving page, waiting for menu elements to load. Loading times out and message "add menu items" is shown. Saving is done. I change to responsive mode and while menu elements is loading I change back to non-responsive edit mode again. Server stops responding and I get a database error when trying to show the front page.

After the server had come to live again I edited the global site footer and deleted the footer menu element. Resaved page and exited builder. Cleared Upfront Cache.

* With one menu (footer menu deleted)
#3 - Entering Builder, saving page, menu element load in a second or two. Change to responsive mode, menu items loads within seconds, save page. Enter non-responsive mode again and save. Exiting Builder and wait a bit before going to step #4.

#4 - Same as #3 but more aggressive editing. Fast paced sequence with save page - change to responsive - save page - back to non-responsive - save page. I did this three times within 20 seconds without much delay when loading the menu element and its items.

• Rupok

Hi Mikael Karlsson,

So sorry for the inconvenience you are having and thanks for reporting. Can you please send us details about your server configuration? Is this happening for any specific theme for all themes you created with Upfront Builder?

Just to make sure no other plugin is conflicting and causing this, can you please do a plugin conflict test? To know more about plugin conflict test, you can check this guide: http://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/using-wpmu-dev/getting-support/

Please let us know how it goes.

And I'm pinging one of our SLS (Second Level Support) guys right now to check this. I believe, he will come up with his valuable feedback regarding this very soon. We will update you as soon as we get anything from him.

Please keep in mind, our SLS people work round the clock and they have to deal with lots of critical issues and other things. So it may take a little while for them to check this and provide a feedback. I will appreciate your patience.

Have a nice day. Cheers!
    Rupok

• Rupok

Hi Mikael Karlsson,

I've got an update from our SLS guy. We are so sorry for the inconvenience. Our SLS person confirmed that our developers are aware about this issue now. They said they are working on this and will release a fix for this issue soon. I can't give you any ETA for this, but I believe, the fix will come very soon.

I'll request you to wait for a little while until this fix comes. I will appreciate your patience.

Have a nice day. Cheers!
    Rupok

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.