Upfront Builder will not load after Update...

I have a multisite network setup and recently I seriously modified the 'Fixer' theme with upfront to create my membership site. I trashed a bunch of pages and renamed others and of course added my content.

Then I had an update for Upfront and now when I use the new version, Upfront will not load. It shows my home page and has this URL in the address bar:
http://membershipsitestarter.com/?editmode=true

But the editor never loads. If I click on the new menu link: Upfront> Builder> Modify current theme it will sometimes load the theme for editing but of course none of my modified pages are included in the 'Layout' list and sometimes it just loads a blank (white) page and stops without loading the editor.

I have deactivated all plugins and added them back one at a time and nothing seems to fix this issue. My website seems to be intact still but I can no longer edit its pages with Upfront.

Switching themes of course does nothing since I only have one upfront theme activated.

All themes and plugins are up to date. Please help me to fix this issue as soon as possible. I have granted you access via the WPMU DEV support dashboard plugin.

Thanks,
Phillip Brewer

• Sajid
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Hello Phillip Brewer,
    Hope you are doing good today :slight_smile:

I am sorry for any inconvenience that may cause by this. I could replicate this issue on your site but it is working just fine for me on my own test site. The Upfront and Builder both works for me.

On your site, it seem the Upfront is not booting. May be some missing files or something. Could you please delete Upfront, Fixer Theme and Upfront Builder from your site and install it again.

It would not delete your content but I still recommend you take backup before doing this using a backup restore plugin like Snapshot Pro.

David your website is also a WordPress MultiSites ? Using the same version of theme and builder ?

Also, it would be great if you create your own ticket and enable support staff access to your site so we could further investigate this issue. Feel free to include this thread link in your ticket for reference.

Take care and look forward towards your response!

Best Regards,
    Sajid - WPMU DEV Support

• David
    • Flash Drive

I have created a separate ticket.
    I am not using multisite.
    I deleted upfront from one site and installed it on another.
    It is displaying same symptoms as Philip
    Am getting impression that Upfront is very much still a beta product.
    David

• Sajid
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Hello David :slight_smile:

Thank you so much for creating your own ticket. Either myself or one of support staff would get back to you as soon as possible.

It is not a beta version at all. It is very stable then it was first released back in 2016. There can be some issues on setup/environment related since it is working fine on my own test site.

Best Regards,
    Sajid - WPMU DEV Support

• Phillip Brewer
    • New Recruit

Hello Sajid,

I did as you requested and created a snapshot backup, deleted Upfront, Fixer and Upfront Builder and then reinstalled them all. I still get the exact same problem as before. So it appears that the new version of either the theme or the builder or both has broken my site. Not good.

Please advise how to continue and do whatever you need to do to resolve this problem. I will be around for a short time longer if you need me to do anything else but then I'll be gone for the rest of the day . If you need me to do anything I will get to it as quickly as I can. Thanks in advance for your help with this issue.

Phillip Brewer

• Sajid
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Hello Phillip Brewer,

Please send in FTP and WordPress admin details directly via our contact form so I could further troubleshoot and fix this issue.

You can send the requested details via our secure contact form in following format.

Subject: "Attn: Sajid Javed”
    - WordPress admin username
    - WordPress admin password
    - login url
    - FTP credentials (host/username/password)
    - link back to this thread for reference

Take care and look forward towards your response!

Best Regards,
    Sajid - WPMU DEV Support

• Sajid
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Hello Phillip Brewer,

That is totally strange issue. I tried every thing I could on your site but it did not worked. The weird part is, no errors in console neither in error logs.

Could you please create a managed backup of this site from WP Network -> Snapshot -> Managed Backup. This way I will try to download it on my computer from there I troubleshoot further.

Also please note that, I tried to create a similar environment on my local computer but Upfront is working fine there.

Once done, please let me know and I will take another look.

Take care and have a nice day :slight_smile:

Best Regards,
    Sajid - WPMU DEV Support

• Sajid
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Hello Phillip Brewer,

Hope you are doing good today and apologies for late reply. I been working on it and figured that the issue is with CloudFlare rocket loader.

You would need to disable the upfront files from being optimized. You can do so by logging into your dashboard and then Page Rules, Create a Page Rule. In "If the URL matches field" enter membershipsitestarter.com/wp-content/themes/upfront/* and select "Rocket Loader" from "Then the settings are" option as you can see in the below screenshot.
    [image pos="0"]

You can also find more details on following official documentation of CloudFlare:
    https://support.cloudflare.com/hc/en-us/articles/200168306-Is-there-a-tutorial-for-Page-Rules-#cache

Hope that helps! Feel free to post a reply if you need further assistance :slight_smile:

Best Regards,
    Sajid - WPMU DEV Support

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.