Upfront Builder WSOD on WAMP

Upfront Builder is causing White Screen of Death. WP and plugins were recently updated so they are in the newest versions. Cache was cleared too.

There’s an error in the console:

Uncaught ReferenceError: upfrontrjs is not defined
at HTMLDocument.<anonymous> (secgo:319)
at HTMLDocument.dispatch (jquery.js:3)
at HTMLDocument.r.handle (jquery.js:3)
at Object.trigger (jquery.js:3)
at Object.a.event.trigger (jquery-migrate.min.js:2)
at HTMLDocument.<anonymous> (jquery.js:3)
at Function.each (jquery.js:2)
at a.fn.init.each (jquery.js:2)
at a.fn.init.trigger (jquery.js:3)
at N.n.boot (main.js:118)

The site is set on WAMP (local site).

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hi Rob!

The issue that you’re experiencing might be caused by a number of reasons and in case of online sites it might be the “mod_security” Apache module.

Since you’re using WAMP, please go to “Apache -> Apache Modules” setting of WAMP and see if there’s “mod_security” module installed/enabled. If it’s enabled, disable it.

Please also try the site with PHP 7.1.0.

If that still doesn’t help, please disable all the other plugins on site and see if Upfront Builder starts to work then.

Let me know about results here, please.

Kind regards,

Adam

• rob
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

Christ wamp is backward. After copying a load of files and changing version numbers manually apache does not work.

I download the windows C++ redist but that wont fully install (hundreds of people had the same problem).

So one problem leads to another, which then leads to another. Its now approaching midnight and I’ve had enough.

I’l do more searching tomorrow, but wamp only works on my old php version as it stands.

• Dimitris
    • Support Star

Hey there rob,

hope you’re doing good today and don’t mind me chim in here! :slight_smile:

I’m not using Windows, but rather Mac, so I don’t have direct access to check WAMP controls, this could be a matter of PHP version though… is there a possibility to update it to v.7.1.xx and let us know if that makes any difference?

Another new program that can help you a lot considering local WP installations is Local by Flywheel (https://local.getflywheel.com/), like my colleague Predrag mentioned. I’m a personal fan of it, since the start of this project, and it also runs in Windows. It’s extremely easy to install and setup, also doesn’t require many resources from your local machine and provides goodies like Mailcatcher, Adminer, even SSL certificates for your local domains.

Hope that was some help, let us know about your results here.

Warm regards,

Dimitris

• rob
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

Hey Dimitris, many thanks for your input!!

I installed 7.1 but couldn’t get apache to work, even after changing all files and installing windows C++ distributable. When I then installed 7.0 all worked fine.

I have been looking into local options including vagrant and VVV.

Flywheel sounds great as vagrant again seems like it should be simple but alas isn’t for me ( I ended up with about four virtual machines installed).

I have heard people mention flywheel very recently but not yet looked into it – if it is easy to setup maybe even I can get it up and running! :wink:

Your input always welcome my man, that’s what the forums are for!

Rob

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.