[Upfront] Cache Issue

Issue is that we have a problem with the template not displaying properly when we engage a caching plugin. Have tried a couple plugins with the same issue - that website does not display properly especially when a 'minimize css' function is engaged.

I have also been speaking with the developer for 'Viper Cache' and they gave this response below:

most Wordpress themes have a stylesheet file called style.css. This contains the styling for the theme. The theme you have installed does not have this. It actually loads the style via some Ajax request to Wordpress, which is unusual. The way the theme works would mean VC is not able to cache It or minimize it as you have seen. So leaving this option off is the only way to work with this theme.

Please advice.

• Predrag Dubajic
    • Support

Hi Ady,

The way that Upfront was built is quite unique and how it loads files is different from other WP themes so it's a possibility that some caching plugins won't be able to minify theme files without breaking some functionality.

What Viper Cache support suggested is that the way of how CSS of the theme is loaded to be changed and that would mean that entire overhaul of the theme would be required, and I'm afraid that this is not something we could do, especially since Upfront has been discontinued.

I see in chat that you have already tried using Hummingbird and that you're not having the same issue there, but that you're using VC because it gives you better results.
    What we could do is try to further tweak Hummingbird on your site in order to get better results, while still having Upfront templates working properly.

Is it possible for you to set up a staging site on the same server where we could activate Hummingbird and do some additional testing without affecting your live installation during this process?

Best regards,
    Predrag

• Predrag Dubajic
    • Support

Hi Ady,

Thanks for sending those in, I was checking your staging site but most of the plugins there and WP itself are outdated, and latest Hummingbird version requires at least WP 4.7 to run.
    Could you please update everything on staging site so it reflects the live version so we can continue looking into this?

Best regards,
    Predrag

• Predrag Dubajic
    • Support

Hi Ady,

Thanks for that, I was doing some tweaks and settings and I'm afraid that there's no easy solution for this.
    Thing is that Hummingbird comes with additional integration with Upfront and it excludes some of the Upfront files that can't be optimized without breaking theme functionality.
    Because of that, the score will be lower a bit lower compared to other optimization solutions, and since Viper Cache doesn't exclude those files it will show better score but it will also affect theme functionality.

Does VC have any option to exclude certain files, via some filter or wp-config defines?

Best regards,
    Predrag

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.