Upfront Custom Theme won't upload

I am trying to load a Theme that I built using Upfront. I exported it and wiped everything off my website to start from scratch. When I try to load the Theme it asks if I am sure I want to do that and then goes back to the Theme selection page.

• Nithin

Hi Kris,

I could only troubleshoot this issue further, if I could check your website, and see how you have implemented your custom Theme. Could you please enable support access, so that we could give a closer look. You can grant access from WPMU DEV > Support > Support Access > Grant Access, or check this manual: http://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/wpmu-dev-dashboard-enabling-staff-login/

Please let us know once you enable access, so that we could get this sorted. Have a nice day.

Kind Regards,
    Nithin

• Kris

Nithin,

Thank you for the quick response! Access is granted. I will stop messing with the site. On a side note, I did discover what that particular issue was. My websites upload limit was too low. That has been fixed. I am now able to successfully upload the Theme, however when I activate it and try to visit the site it just says "Record not found". Any ideas? Access is available if you need it.

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello Kris!

I accessed your site and I can also see the "Record not found" error but I believe it's somehow specific to your site.

I have downloaded your custom theme and successfully installed in on both single- and multi-site WordPress sites (BTW, that running and jumping dog in a header video is really cute!).

I do not have Slider Revolution enabled there and both sites are currently pretty much kind of a "mess", yet the theme is up and running.

That "record not found" error is what bothers me though. I can see that you put some widget in the theme doesn't seem to be any of native/core WP widgets because on both my setups it shows "Ooops, something seems to have gone wrong with rendering the widget" for logged in admin and just an empty space for visitor. Still though this should work the same on your site.

Then the "Record not found" error doesn't appear anywhere in Upfront code so it doesn't come from Upfront. Having that said, I have followed Predrag's suggestions and temporarily network-disabled Slider Revolution on your site and the site started to work, giving the same error as on my end ("Ooops... something seems to have gone wrong").

This is what that means:

1. The widget that I referred to above is most likely the Slider Revolution widget
    2. If the Slider Revolution is disabled, Upfront simply renders warning about the not-working widget for logged in users and just an empty space for not-logged in users.
    3. If the Slider Revolution is enabled, Upfront executes the widget...
    4. ... and in that case Slider Revolution breaks, giving "Record not found" error; this most likely happens due to the missing or "broken" slides.

The solution:

- go to the "Network Admin -> Plugins" page of the site
    - network-disable "Slider Revolution"
    - edit your theme and remove that "Slider Revolution" widget area from it.

At this point site should be up and running, except that it would work with no slides.

Next steps:

- network-enable "Slider Revolution" again (once the widget is removed from theme, it shouldn't break the site)
    - take care of your sliders/slides and make sure they are complete/working
    - instead of adding Slider Revolution to the theme just edit relevant pages with Upfront Editor and put "widget" module calling Slider Revolution widget there.

This should let you get your site back to shape with no need for any "radical" solutions like starting from scratch.

Best regards,
    Adam