Upfront display issue

I'm using the Upfront Spirit theme and have turned off all plugins except webinarally and wpmu dashboard. I'm having the following issue:

When setting up a webinar with webinarally, as a post on the only post listed, I can view the page thru the backend where editing and it views as it should. However, when I click the page from the front end, it's not displaying correctly. The page that shows the post is Webinar Portal. I have granted access so you can see the difference. On the editing back end view from the post it shows the countdown time. On the front end page view, it shows Webinar starts in but does not display the countdown. As offering webinars will be key to the website, I really need a solution. Either I need to figure out and get my webinarally plugin to show correctly somehow, or I need an alternate way to present webinars without buying another plugin. I'm not code friendly so please have patience with me. I have turned off all other plugins.

Thank you!

• Nithin

Hi Edith,

Hope you are doing good today. :slight_smile:

I checked your website, and I could see this difference. I have added a new Widget Element, and selected Text Widget, and pasted the webinar shortcodes to it, now the webinars seems to work fine.

Please remove the old webinar added, and edit your pages according to your layout. Please let us know if you still need any further assistance. Have a nice day. :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,
    Nithin

• Edith

Hi Nithin! Thanks for the reply and the pictures.

On the surface, it would have seemed that it should have worked. But in practice, using the text widget does not allow the webinar to post. I did a test run to see if it would work and again, it views correctly if down from the back end by previewing the page but does not view for the live front end. I left my test video up so you can see. I will extend access. Any other thoughts? Do you have any idea why this isn't working as post or custom post type?

Thanks!
    Edith

• Nithin

Hi Edith,

Hope you are doing good today. :slight_smile:

I did a test run to see if it would work and again, it views correctly if down from the back end by previewing the page but does not view for the live front end.

I'm afraid, Upfront is not fully compatible with the plugin, Upfront doesn't behave like a default WordPress theme, and there could be some conflicts when we try to implement the plugin through the default WordPress editor.

I checked your website, and I'm afraid, Implementing the shortcode through a text widget element seems to be the only workaround, at the moment. Doesn't the shortcode cover all the necessary settings to display the webinar?

Plugin compatibility is something what the developers are looking forward to implement, in future releases of Upfront. We truly appreciate your patience while we make Upfront the best product we can.

Kind Regards,
    Nithin

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.