Upfront does not work/load with the theme

Elegant themes has confirmed that Marketpress will not work with Divi. I downloaded your theme "Spirit", and followed the directions. Upfront does not appear to be working. I've deactivated all plugins, rebooted my computer, cleared the cache, and it will not load with the theme. Can someone please assist me in this matter.

Thank you,
Stephanie

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello Stephanie,

I hope you're well today!

I accessed your site and noticed that it's running on 5.3.29 version of PHP which is in fact pretty outdated already.

Most hosting providers allow you to switch between PHP versions directly from your cPanel (server management panel). That said, could you please try doing this? Please select at least 5.6.19 version but if there's any higher number available then choose it.

In case it didn't help, please add following lines to the .htaccess file of your site:

<IfModule mod_security.c>
    SecFilterRemove 00318
    </IfModule>

Let me know please of the result.

Best regards,
    Adam

• Madhusudan

Hello Stephanie,
    You asked for the explicit instructions. Please follow the following step by step instructions:

1. Using any free FTP client like FileZilla login to your hosting FTP account and browse to root of your installation. You need to enable show hidden items to see Htaccess file, else it’s in hidden mode.

2. You can enable it as described below:
    Under FileZilla Menu options -> select server -> Force showing hidden files

3. Now navigate to your root folder of your domain and download your .htaccess file. Your .htaccess file should be visible now on the root folder

4. Download your .htaccess file onto your local hard drive. Make sure you take a back up of your .htaccess file before you starts editing it. You can use any text editor(eg. Notepad) to add following lines to the .htaccess file :

<IfModule mod_security.c>
    SecFilterRemove 00318
    </IfModule>

5. Once you are done editing the file, save it and simply re-upload it back. Make sure that permission of your .htaccess file is 644 and not 777.

Let me know how it goes.

Thanking you,
    Madhusudan Pokharel

• Madhusudan

Hello Stephanie,
    We want to have a look at your files, could you send in the following via our secure contact form:
    - Mark to my attention, the subject line should contain only: ATTN: Madhusudan Pokharel
    - Do not include anything else in the subject line, doing so may delay our response due to how email filtering works.
    - Link back to this thread
    - Include WordPress admin access details (login address, username & password)
    - Include FTP log-in details (hostname, username & password)
    - Include any relevant URLs for your site

IMPORTANT: Please make sure you select "I have a different question" for your topic, so it doesn't go back to the forums - this and the subject line ensure that it gets assigned to me.

https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/

After sending the details, please post again!

Thanking you,
    Madhusudan

• Kasia Swiderska

Hello Stephanie,

I'm extremely sorry for the delay here. I've checked your site and it looks like problem with Spirit is caused because your user is logged out from WordPress even if you open your site with new tab (that is why Spriti doesn't open its editor).
    Did you noticed that you are logged out very quickly from your WP while you are editing in?
    Please run a quick plugin conflict test as illustrated in getting support manual (flowchart).
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/using-wpmu-dev/getting-support/

Do you see this issue on other sites you have on the same hosting?

kind regards,
    Kasia

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.