Upfront doesn't recognize any html? (Panino)

I feel I must be missing something. I've literally been working to configure this theme for almost 18 hours, and I keep having to redo things over and over.

When I add a "code" element to a page, I should be able to run html, correct? I've tried embedding an Aweber opt in numerous times. When I click save, nothing shows up, and when I visit the code element again, the embed snippet is gone. I've saved over and over, and it disappears every time.

I've tried with other html as well, and similar things happen. Either nothing shows up, or the markup just disappears altogether. This has happened using the HTML tab, but I've also had similar issues with css and js. I have support access on the site enabled (uig.dangeroustactics.com). Any insight is much appreciated. Thank you.

• Christian
    • The Incredible Code Injector

I read an old thread that talked about using widget element and putting embed code in text widget. I've used this method as a workaround. The code element seems to be non-functional, so I suppose this could just be a bug report. I'll mark this ticket as resolved, as I'm at least functional with this workaround. Thank you.

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hello Christian,

I hope you're well today and thank you for your question!

I'm glad you found a workaround. As for the "Code" element. Please note that it doesn't support any "mixed" content and that means that most "form submission" codes won't work "out of the box" there because usually there's a HTML source mixed with some JS elements - those should be separated in "Code" module.

That module is meant to be used with rather simple code because most complex addition should be added either as plugins or mu plugins, creating e.g. widget or a shortcode that would then be utilized withing Upfront.

Best regards,
    Adam

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.