upfront editing is not working

Hi,

I have tried to use upfront with spirit on my staging site using both IE 11 and the latest version of Firefox. in both cases its almost imposable to get a smooth editing experience. wile firefox is a bit more stable I still run into a lot of issues with selecting text and trying to edit it. I have read the documentation but couldn't find why this happen, the major issue is the inability to select text, or when the text is selected the editing of it doesn't work.
I love the concept of upfront and really want to use it however its not stable enough and takes too much time to troubleshoot issues.

I cannot create a new post as the text is not editable.
if I add a post via the standard WP add post I can see the post on the post page but I can not navigate the actual post itself. the link to read more does not work.

the user experience between IE 11 and firefox is different and I hope that you can get upfront stable on all browsers.

please advise if you need more clarification. I really hope to see a fix to the issues I've seen in the next release of upfront.

Please advise,
Cheers,

David

• Kasia Swiderska
    • Support nomad

Hello David,

I'm sorry to hear that you have such issues with Upfront theme :slight_frown:.
    Because I can't replicate those issues on my testing site would you mind granting support access for me, to take a look at your site? You can grant support access via WPMU DEV > Support > Support Access > Grant Access.

Also, can you tell me if you tried to disable all plugins to exclude the plugin conflict?

Kind regards,
    Kasia

• David
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

ok, I have uploaded the file.
    I can create a new post
    the posts are saved but don't show in the upfront post editing list at first. only after exiting upfront and
    all the post URL are pointing the post category and not the post URL
    the other issues still remain.

BTW you can disable plugins as you see fit. this a staging environment and I would love to solve the upfront issues as soon as possible.

thanks,

David

• Kasia Swiderska
      • Support nomad

Hi David,

This permalink issue was not connected to Upfront. I'm sorry it took me so long to find out this, but it was your Permalink settings. You choose the " Custom Structure" and put there only "/%category%" instead of "/%category%/%postname%/".
      So this is fixed.

the posts are saved but don't show in the upfront post editing list at first.

Do you use any cache at your server? I wasn't able to replicate this issue on my site, and also two times this worked (the post was on the list after publishing) on your site. So this behaviour is inconsistent.
      I will ask developers what else could be causing this.

Kind regards,
      Kasia

• David

Hi Kasia,
    oh, I didn't know I had to change the permlink to this format. is it in the documentation and I overlooked this? if it in the documentation I must have missed it.
    it works. thanks for fixing the permlink issue.

this website is a clean installation of wordpress and WPMUDEV plugins. i installed other plugins to see if things are working where i had a problem with WPMUDEV plugin. i don't think i use any caching on this site.

i still have anissue with text editing where i need to change a linked image text on the home page and every time i click on the text i get do you want to leave this page message instead of enabling the text editing.

please advise,
    thanks,

David

• Kasia Swiderska
      • Support nomad

Hi David,

oh, I didn't know I had to change the permlink to this format. is it in the documentation and I overlooked this?

It looked like you did change it, but accidentally erase the last element of the permalink (this things happen). This is standard option of WordPress - with only category in it - this would work wrong regardless the theme.

i don't think i use any caching on this site.

Yes, I saw that you don't have any caching plugins, but some servers have cache turned on (like GoDaddy and WPEngine), that is why I'm asking.

i still have anissue with text editing where i need to change a linked image text on the home page and every time i click on the text i get do you want to leave this page message instead of enabling the text editing.

Can you extend support access and I could check that?

Kind regards,
      Kasia

• David

Hi Kasia,
    the support is extended.

a couple of things to note.

1. I have another issue with enewsletter that Ash is working on.
    I'm not sure who disabled all the plugins but between the two of you. I have enabled only the dashboard at the moment so you can have access again.
    please activate whatever plugin you need to resolve this and communicate with Ash to make sure you don't have a conflict.

2. after my last message on this issue decided to remove the image link and only than I was able to edit the image text. this is a believe is a bug as I don't think that a user need to remove a link in order to edit the text on the image.

hope this helps,

Thanks,

David

• David

Thanks Kasia,
    that's unfortunate. I cannot plan the release of my website based on a non functional theme.

BTW is this an upfront issue or the spirit theme issue?
    if I change the theme will this resolved?

please advise,
    thanks,

David

• Kasia Swiderska
      • Support nomad

Hello David,

I've check the Fixer and Scribu theme and it looks like this is a whole Upfront "thing" with this links and captions. So changing themes will not help with this case.
      I understand that this is too big issue to work with.
      I really hope that you will give one more chance to Upfront themes in the future - because with every new version they are better and better.

Kind regards,
      Kasia

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.