Upfront Editor Hangs

Hi,

I'm having problem when i load the Upfront Editor. It stops rendering after 52% and seem to have 'hung' but the progress indicator is still running.

I have had this issue since I drag-drop the map icon onto my theme in editor mode.

Appreciate if someone can assist.

thks.

• Sajid

Hi Manjeet Singh,
    Hope you are doing good today :slight_smile:

Its not Upfront issue but seems to be issue with Google Maps. As of June 22 2016 Google would not support any calls from key less request. Here is the announcement of this change:
    http://googlegeodevelopers.blogspot.com.au/2016/06/building-for-scale-updates-to-google.html

I am reporting this issue to the plugin developer so the plugin can be updated accordingly and may prompt the notification of using API key.

Meanwhile, to fix this, follow the below steps:

1) Create an API key as per instructions here: https://developers.google.com/maps/documentation/javascript/get-api-key

2) Navigate to the following folder via FTP or cPanel's FileManager and open up loader.min.js file with a code editor:
    ../wp-content/plugins/wpmu_dev_maps_plugin/js/

3. Find following code in this file:
    //maps.google.com/maps/api/js?

..and replace it with this one:
    //maps.google.com/maps/api/js?key=YOUR_API_KEY&

Don't forget to replace the YOUR_API_KEY with your own key created in step one.

4. Save changes and upload it back to server.

If you are not sure how to edit that file then post the API key here, I will update the file and give you file(s) to replace with existing one.

Take care and have a nice day :slight_smile:

Best Regards,
    Sajid

• Panos

Hi Manjeet Singh ,

Are you dragging the map element from the Upfront editor's Draggable Elements?

Can you check your Javascript console for Google Maps related js error?

I have mentioned this already to Upfront devs and will update this thread as soon as I have news from then. Should n't be long :slight_smile:

In the meantime you can remove the map element from your page if you need to make any changes, and re-add it later on.

Until then, and since you have followed Sajid's instructions regarding Google Maps plugin, you can create a new map at a page and copy it's shortcode (eg [map id="1"])

Then drag from Upfront's editor a text element where you want your map to be displayed and instead of typing text in that element paste the shortcode you copied.

Lets us know if this works for you :slight_smile:

Kind regards,
    Panos