Upfront: editor interface vs builder interface

I have created a simple Theme with Upfront Builder. (using the Upfront builder interface). But somehow the website shows a Blank page and in the Editor interface there is a Blank page too.
How can I solve this so that the Theme is showing the initial Upfront Builder design?
I do not want the theme overrides that seem to have been made in the Editor interface.

• Denitsa

Hello Rob,
    I hope you're having a beautiful day!

I can't replicate such behaviour on my sandbox site, what do you mean by "theme overrides" exactly?

The difference between UF Editor and UF Builder is that the Editor stores all settings into the database, making it site-specific so it's good for content and site specific modifications. The Builder stores every change in files (either in a newly created child theme or in the files of the child theme that you edit). These changes aren't site-specific and can be carried over into another installation by exporting/installing the child theme.

I could tell you better about the issue if I could see it live, check your current configuration and make some tests on your site. Would you mind allowing Support Access so we can have a closer look at this?

This could be done via Dashboard - WPMU DEV -> Support -> Support Access -> Grant Access or by following this guide here:
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/wpmu-dev-dashboard-enabling-staff-login/

Let me know once you're done with that!

Cheers,
    Denitsa

• Rob

I have granted Support access.

If you go to Upfront => Builder => Modify current Theme , then you see the site as I would like to have it for now. This seems to be the "builder interface".
    But when you check the website,gingerandale.nl you see it is a blank.
    And if you check in WP and go to Weergave => Customizer it is also a blank in de Upfront so called "editor interface".
    I donnot want that, I want the default theme as it is in the builder interface

• Sajid

Hello Rob,
    Hope you are doing good today :slight_smile:

Thanks for enabling support staff access. I can see this issue with Ginger and Ale theme on your site. It is going white screen on website but in builder it is a coming soon page.

That seems to be a conflict with Upfront Editor layout and Upfront Builder layout. May be you created an empty layout of home page in Editor and then started using Builder.

In this case, please go to WP Dashboard -> Upfront -> General -> Debug Options and try to reset the home page layout or full theme. This will delete any changes made with Upfront Editor and load the layout created in Upfront Builder.

If you have some content in Upfront Editor, then I would advice you creating a restore point before doing that by using a backup restore plugin like Snapshot Pro.

Hope that helps! Feel free to post a reply if you need further assistance :slight_smile:

Best Regards,
    Sajid - WPMU DEV Support

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.