Upfront editor is messing up HTML code when changing text colors

Put a text module on site, put some text on it, select it and change color a couple of times, save it and inspect that element on front-end with browser tools - there'll be a "stacked/nested" HTML (multiple nested spans most likely but not necessarily, either way, it's "too much" HTML there).

Then do the same but first make the text a link. The result in the source should be similar.

In both cases, it's affecting layout (in a sense that colors might not be applied properly sometimes) but also might break CSS/custom CSS that was applied to an element initially (before changing colors).

• Katya Tsihotska
    • Support & QA

Hi gjchandler

Hope you're having a wonderful day!

Thank you for reporting this. I confirmed issue you are seeing. I'll create a bug report for our developers and they will work on resolving this.

If the hotfix will be out before the official update, we will post it here.

Please keep in mind, our developers work round the clock and they have to deal with lots of critical issues and other things. So it may take a little while for them to check this and release a fix. I appreciate your patience!

Kind regards,
    Katya

• gjchandler
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

Still experiencing some issues with this, not just around color change.
    I'm wondering if just like the Wordpress WYSIWYG editor, you can toggle the HTML view on the text box. This would allow the user to solve any formatting issues and debug on the spot.

• Katya Tsihotska
    • Support & QA

Hi gjchandler

Hope you're having a wonderful day!

I apologize for the delay in resolving this issue, our developers are still working on it.

Unfortunately, there is no way to toggle the HTML view for Text elements in Upfront. The only way is to use Code element, but in this case, you'd need to write all HTML manually without visual editor.

If you have any additional questions please let us know, we always are happy to help.

Kind regards,
    Katya

• Katya Tsihotska
    • Support & QA

Hi gjchandler

Hope you're fine today!

I would like to apologize for the inconvenience you're having with this. I've got in touch with our developers to check the status and I got the response they are still working on the resolving this issue, so, unfortunately, we don't have a fix for this issue yet. Once we'll have a fix and test it, we'll post it here or release the new version of the Upfront.

Kind regards,
    Katya

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.