Upfront Editor isn't showing layouts

Created layouts in Builder are not showing up in the Editor. When you go on and create a new page, you can select the Pages as templates but no 'Layouts' show up.

• Kasia Swiderska

Hello Lars,

I was testing your theme and I found that in Editor there is more page templates than in Builder (for example: Tuition template).
    I tested your theme on my site and I was able to replicate this problem.
    Right now in Editor, in Layouts section there is one layout:

Seems that Editor is only showing Layouts of single posts that were created in Editor. I've asked developers for checking this on your site and I'm awaiting for their response.
    As soon I will have more information I will update thread.

kind regards,
    Kasia

• Bossy

I have holding back on this other issue that iam struckling with. But that is not something i can keep on doing, to leave u guys with peace working, and working on my first error.

CPU and Memory gets really overloaded on my webserver. When I dissable all plugins, especially one... due to this server error:
    - client denied by server configuration: /var/www/domain.dk.dk/public_html/wp-content/uploads/wp-defender/index.php
    - client denied by server configuration: /var/www/domain.dk/public_html/wp-content/plugins/wp-defender/changelog.txt
    client denied by server configuration: /var/www/domain.dk/public_html/wp-includes/theme-compat/embed.php

But that do not change anything. Breaking news: its only when iam working in the "blog-section", not pages and other modules. As soon as i fire up under a "news" i takes of and leaves no socket for me :slight_frown:

• Kasia Swiderska

Hello Bossy,

I'm sorry for keeping you waiting - I had a chat with developer and we checked your site and I also did some tests on my site and when it comes to Upfront there is nothing wrong with the layouts and the templates of your theme.
    There was some confusion during the chat about the layouts as under some circumstances - some layouts will show in the Upfront Editor.

When you create layouts in Builder they are not like page templates that you can apply to any of pages. They are "wrappers" for pages like 404, archive tag page, single post. Only when you create layout for page and then you create a template for that page, you will be able to select later that template from page.
    Reason why live support staff said they can select layout on their site is because, in Upfront Editor it is possible to use existing page layout for new page. So at the beginning in Editor there will be no layouts to select - but when you create a new page it will show up under the layouts in Editor.
    Layouts created in Builder are applied automatically to pages they belong to (so 404 layout will only show up on 404 error page and can't be applied on any other kind of page).

And then there was this confusion on my side with actual page templates that were not showing in Builder.
    This is explanation from developer: this is also correct behavior - in Editor it is possible to create a page template, but that page template will not show in Builder. Builder can only use page templates that were created inside it. In Editor you can display Builder page templates, but that will not work other way around. But I was assured that this is correct - developer checked this for me.

But that do not change anything. Breaking news: its only when iam working in the "blog-section", not pages and other modules. As soon as i fire up under a "news" i takes of and leaves no socket for me

Does this go away when you disable only WP Defender? unoeuro.com is your hosting provider? Is this a shared hosting? And it does that while you are working in Upfront Editor?

kind regards,
    Kasia

• Bossy

The case is, layouts in Builder where modify en then the theme was activated. With all the weird happenings I experienced after installing Upfront, the end was i lost a whole site and 16 hours of work. The conclusion was do not go further down that path.

I have no idea was was going on the server. Sometimes my browser froze and i saw up 700 request. Sometimes the browser (chrome) never came back, and a had to unplug the cord. Plugins had their own life, and i found them disabled, logged out etc. Iam not a noob doing this. Yes the server is shared, and I have a live-dashboard, so Iam 100% sure the stress came from interacting with Upfront/browser.

I might have made some mistakes, but I really dont know where. I googled so many times for best practices, tutorials etc. about Upfront, too understand and benefit from the values that cames along. I even had a 97% score on GTmetrix, but... My numbers all together in ranked pages, ranked keywords, total rankings, average position, page 1 rankings and visibility scores are all red in Google and Google mobile, but I was looking in the totally opposite direction :slight_smile:

And Kasia, thank you so much for your "in depth" answer. U guys really impress me day after day.

Enjoy your weekend, mine is at take off in 25min. CET

/Lars

• Kasia Swiderska

Hello Lars,

The case is, layouts in Builder where modify en then the theme was activated. With all the weird happenings I experienced after installing Upfront, the end was i lost a whole site and 16 hours of work. The conclusion was do not go further down that path.

Can you provide more details on what layouts were modified? You mean for example layout for 404 error page? Are there specific steps I could follow to replicate this issue - or you are no longer using this theme from Builder?

I have no idea was was going on the server. Sometimes my browser froze and i saw up 700 request.

You wrote "was" - so is this issue gone at the moment? If not let me know and I will test it.

My numbers all together in ranked pages, ranked keywords, total rankings, average position, page 1 rankings and visibility scores are all red in Google and Google mobile, but I was looking in the totally opposite direction

I checked your site in Google Page speed and you should be able to increase score using Hummingbird (that is installed but not active on your site).
    We have article about that https://premium.wpmudev.org/blog/why-trying-to-get-95-on-google-pagespeed-insights-will-drive-you-mad/
    Here is documenation for Hummingbird: https://premium.wpmudev.org/docs/wpmu-dev-plugins/hummingbird/

kind regards,
    Kasia

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.