Upfront editor not working

Upfront editor in cadenceleadership.co.uk not currently working (it's a site within multisite viralchurch.uk).
To get it working I needed to turn off the domain mapping across the whole multisite.
I think this is a domain mapping issue ?
Help please - Thanks, Steve

• Katya Tsihotska
    • Support & QA

Hi Steve Jones

Hope you're having a great weekend!

I would like to apologize for the inconvenience you're having. It's a known issue and our developers already working on a fix, so this should be solved in the next Domain Mapping plugin release. If the hotfix will be out before the official update, we will post it here.

This issue occurs only to Super Admins, so until it's not fixed, you can create an admin account for the subsite. If you'll log in to the subsite admin account, everything should work fine. Could you please check this and let us know if it still doesn't work even with the admin account.

Kind regards,
    Katya

• Steve Jones
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

Hi Katya,
    Thanks for this but I'm still struggling with upfront editor ...

I have to deactivate domain mapping across all my sites in order to open Upfront editor. Then my edits don't save - even when I use non-administrator user levels ...

Help :slight_smile: please :slight_smile:

• Katya Tsihotska
    • Support & QA

Hi Steve Jones

Hope you're fine today!

I've tried to replicate this on my test multisite installation, but Upfront works fine for me.

To make sure that it's not a browser issue, could you please try to clear browser cache and/or try to make changes in Upfront with another browser?
    Here you can find instructions on how to clear browser cache in different browsers:
    http://www.refreshyourcache.com/en/home/

If it still doesn't work, could you please send me login credentials of the subsite administrator account (not Super Admin), so I will be able to replicate and have a closer look at the issue?
    Please, DO NOT post your credentials here as it's a public forum, you can send us your details through our contact form https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/#i-have-a-different-question using this template:

Subject: "Attn: Katya Tsihotska"
    -WordPress admin username
    -WordPress admin password
    -login url
    -link back to this thread for reference
    -any other relevant URLs

Please use this subject line to ensure that it gets assigned to me :slight_smile:

Also, let me know what exactly you're trying to change on the site so I'll be able to follow your steps and replicate this.

Kind regards,
    Katya

• Katya Tsihotska
    • Support & QA

Hi Steve Jones

I've checked your site and I see that there is an issue with WPBakery Builder (Frontend editor), I suppose that this issue could be caused by the same bug. This bug causes that authorization process doesn't work correctly for super admins on mapped domains, that's why front-end editors don't work. In order to confirm that it's the same issue, please try to run the WPBakery Builder with a subsite admin account, no as the super admin. Let us know if it helps.

If no, try to deactivate Domain Mapping and check if the issue persists. If it still doesn't work even when Domain Mapping is deactivated, try to perform full plugin conflict test to make sure that no other plugins are causing this.

The simplest way to perform a plugin conflict test:
    * Login to your site via FTP
    * Navigate to wp-content
    * Rename the plugins folder to _plugins
    * Create a new empty plugins folder
    * Move the plugin folder (ex: wp-smush-pro) you want to test from _plugins to plugins
    * Check if the issue still persists, if no, proceed to the next step
    * Then, one at a time, move other plugin folders over from _plugins to plugins until the symptom returns

NOTE: While you are doing this, do not visit WP Admin > Plugins on your site. This will ensure that your plugins remain active when you copy them back over.

Let us know about results.

Kind regards,
    Katya

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.