Upfront Editor not working

I am unable to edit the home page with the upfront editor. It hangs at 27% when rendering the editor. What would be causing this. It loads fine with all other pages.

• Rupok
    • Support Ninja

Hi David,

So sorry for the inconvenience you are having. This is really weird and should not happen.

Your homepage doesn't have any complex element which might cause this. However, can you please try adding the following line in your "wp-config.php" file and check if it helps?
    define('UPFRONT_DEBUG_LEVELS', 'dependencies');
    To get the "wp-config.php" file, please login to your server with any FTP application like Filezilla and go to the root directory of your site. There you will get that "wp-config.php" file. Open that file, add the line I mentioned above and save it.

After that, try to load Upfront again for your homepage and let us know how it goes. If it still doesn't work, we will be glad to investigate further.

I'm looking forward to hearing from you and resolving this issue as soon as possible.

Have a nice day. Cheers!
    Rupok

• Rupok
    • Support Ninja

Hi David,

So sorry to hear that. In this case, can you please go to your "Dashboard > Upfront > General" section and scroll down to the "Debug Options" box? There you will get a "Reset Layout" dropdown. From that dropdown, select "Home Page" and click the "RESET LAYOUT" button. This will reset your homepage layout and your Upfront Editor should load fine for your homepage I believe. Please check the attached screenshot for reference.

Note: All your changes in your homepage layout will be gone after this. I'll suggest you to create a complete backup of your site before running this operation so you can always revert back to current state if anything goes wrong.

Please let us know how it goes. If it still doesn't resolve your issue, we will be glad to investigate further.

Have a nice day. Cheers!
    Rupok

• David
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Ok, I did that. At first it worked. I was able to remove the regions I wanted, saved, and reopened to edit without issue. Then, I was at the regular Widgets location in Appearance -->> Widgets. I saw that you don't manage widgets here with this theme. There was a message at the top saying to add widgets to the theme click here. That was a link to the home page https://markerproperty.com/?editmode=true. But it wouldn't load. It again stopped at 27%. And now again that's all it does.

• Kasia Swiderska
    • Support nomad

Hello David,

Can you check now? I tested and it started to working (I first loaded Upfront editor on the About page and then from there loaded home page by clicking Upfront logo). I removed one region at the middle and replaced it with new one.

Also please note that widgets are draggable elements - you can read about widgets in Upfront here https://premium.wpmudev.org/docs/upfront-and-themes/upfront-elements/#chapter-7

kind regards,
    Kasia

• Denitsa
    • WordPress Warrior

Hello there David,
    I hope you're having a fantastic day!

I can see some JavaScript errors related to Google Map API. So would you please add your Google Map API project key in the input given at Upfront -> General -> API Keys, save it and then test? You can obtain an API key at the link provided below the input box.

Keep us posted!

Regards,
    Denitsa

• Denitsa
    • WordPress Warrior

Hello there David,
    I trust you're well!

It seems your page was throwing a JavaScript "Uncaught typeerror" in the Console.

So I was able to reset the homepage layout, then make some changes to the regions. Then I went to Appearance -> Widgets and clicked the link to the homepage there. I was redirected without any issues and the Upfront Editor is now loading properly. Can you confirm that?

Keep us posted!

Cheers,
    Denitsa

• Wray
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

Gentlemen,
    I also have been having trouble with your upfront editor. After many tries on different themes, Your upfront doesn't want to work or even execute. This is very serious for me since I have committed to your themes and editor.
    I am debating whether or not to commit to another framework and editor.
    I cannot waste any more time on this matter.

• Patrick
    • Support Monkey

Hi there Wray

I hope you had a great weekend!

Please don't double-post in other support topics about your issue. That can all-too-easily lead to confusion on both your issue and the one reported by the original poster here.

Even though the symptoms of your issue may appear similar, the causes may be completely different. So let's please keep the discussion about your issue confined to your original support ticket here: https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/upfront-editor-not-working-for-several-of-the-themes

Thanks!

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.