Upfront editor won't pull up.

Says "Please hold on for just a little bit more".
It seems to be doing this on all of the themes? I know I have to be doing something wrong, here. I just can't figure out what it is...
Thank so much!

• Tyler Postle

Hey Jennifer,

Hope you're doing well today!

There is a few potential causes of this:

1. Your server could be blocking a required file. We know siteground sometimes does this, so if you are using them could you add this code to your .htaccess:

<IfModule mod_security.c>
    SecFilterRemove 00318
    </IfModule>

That should resolve it. It just makes an exception for that file.

2. Plugin conflict. Another plugin may be causing a conflict or error that stops Upfront from loading correctly. You can test this by temporarily deactivating all of your plugins and see if the issue still happens or not.

3. Something added through the Upfront editor that it's not liking. if this is the case then try accessing the editor through developer mode: yourdomain.com/?dev=true&editmode=true

That will go to your site without any of the customizations you have made - it doesn't delete them at all, just accesses your site without loading them for debugging purposes.

If none of these works then can you grant us support access so we can have a closer look?

You can grant support access via admin dashboard - WPMU DEV > Support > Support Access > Grant Access.

Look forward to hearing back!

All the best,
    Tyler

• Jennifer

Hello there, Tyler. I appreciate it. I was JUST coming here to edit/delete this as I was able to finally find some other reported issues like this... and it seems we're all on SiteGround.

Not surprisingly, my own IP was just blocked, support stating the mod_security rules was what did it. But I couldn't get an answer as to *why* when all I was just doing was basic page editing stuff.

After they unblocked me, I saw that Upfront wasn't working. But as I'm only just now setting all of this up, I had assumed I broke something (hey.... I'll admit that I can be clumsier than the average 8-handed human).

Google has a way of offering better support than hosting companies, so I found a siteground article about it that I couldn't find before posting this. I've emailed their support to ask 'What gives?' - and hopefully, it will actually be checked into for future reference. I wasn't able to find anyone with this issue not using SiteGround... so, um... yeah.

• Tyler Postle

Thanks for the update Jennifer and no problem!

Yeah, siteground is the only one I've seen with this issue. One of their security rules blocks an upfront file and we aren't really sure why either - there is nothing in it that would look malicious at all. The only thing we could think was because it has the word "popup" in the file lol.

Adding that security rule caused them to block your IP? If you still need further assistance with this let us know and we'll do whatever we can from our end!

Hope you had a good weekend!

Cheers,
    Tyler