Upfront export from dev to production server

I have just started using the Fixer theme to develop a new site for a client. I am using upfront for the first time. I usually just write code from scratch so I have very little experience with commercial themes.
My question is 3 part:
1. Will I be able to save and export the theme I design to a production server once complete?
2. Will the client still retain the editing features of upfront if I am no longer a monthly subscriber?
3. Are there any other issues or conflicts I should be aware of when using your product as a freelance web developer?

• Milan

Hello edavis211

Hope you are well today and thanks for asking us. :slight_smile:

1. Will I be able to save and export the theme I design to a production server once complete?

There isn't any out of box feature for this but we do have one nice product for targeting this requirement. Snapshot Pro is a WordPress plugin that will backup and restore your entire site at will, complete with Dropbox & S3 integration. I suggest you ride its full feature list given on its intro page. :slight_smile:

2. Will the client still retain the editing features of upfront if I am no longer a monthly subscriber?

Yes he will, but he won't receive any future updates for product. :slight_smile:

3. Are there any other issues or conflicts I should be aware of when using your product as a freelance web developer?

For now, we have resolved most of conflicts we came across, so its very much safe to go, but you know WordPress is fill up with thousands of plugins so we can't test those all for sure. :slight_smile:

One important note I would like to make here is that Upfront is still not compatible with WooCommerce. But we have very good alternative of WooCommerce , MarketPress. And it does play well with Upfront.

In case if you find any issue with Upfront and have something to ask further, we are always here to help you out. :slight_smile:

Have a nice day!
    Cheers,
    Milan

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello edavis211,

I hope you're well today!

Let me just add up one more plugin to "compatibility exceptions": BuddyPress. We're still experiencing some issues with it and our developers are working on a fix as fast as possible. In general, there may be issues in relation to the plugins that use "virtual pages" (meaning pages that do not "physically" exist in WP dashboard). Other than this, I second my colleague Milan on this :slight_smile:

So far, I am really enjoying upfront. Are there any plans for a blank or starter template that can be used without pre-existing content?

I'm really glad you like Upfront. Yes, we're planning to release a "blank" starter theme for you to built upon and we're even planning to release a "theme builder", meaning that you will be able to easily export entire theme that you build with Upfront upon "blank" theme and use it then the same way as any other existing Upfront starter theme. I'm not able to give you any ETA on this but I can say that development of both this features/tools is already quite advanced.

I hope that helps!
    Best regards,
    Adam

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.