Upfront (Fixer) Error Saving Changes

I am continually getting “Error Saving Changes” in the theme. Unfortunately, this is not a very useful error for figuring out what is going on. Please advise.

• Nastia
    • Support Rock Star

Hello @protospace

I hope you are doing well today!

I visited your site and the Fixer theme isn’t active, so I couldn’t test it.

Would you please disable mod_seurity and try again? Put the following in your .htaccess file:

<IfModule mod_security.c>
    SecFilterRemove 00318
    </IfModule>

If this will not resolve the issue, would you please switch to a Fixer theme so we can have a look up close?

Please advise,

Cheers,

Nastia

• Ellis Benus
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Someone posted this in another thread and I agree…

The UpFront Theme seems to have some serious bugs. If you have not noticed, many users are experiencing the same type of problem. Disabling a PHP security module that blocks code injection attachs is not an acceptable compromise the answer to solving a bug in the theme. I had the same issue with my UpFront fixer theme.

• Nastia
    • Support Rock Star

Hello Ellis Benus

Thank you for posting here. The code above only disable security mode for one filter, that blocking some Upfront files from loading. It does not disable security mode for all filters.

This code will not jeopardize the security of your installation. Basically, the mod_security module in Apache is blocking various attacks. But it may also can potentially block common scripts, in our example is blocking the Upfront scripts.

Usually the mod_security is useful when you ask for the user’s information. But, if you are using a 3rd party plugin to gather this information, you don’t really need to worry about attacks, a third party plugin and WordPress itself takes very good care of these critical things.

Along with this, you can try the Defender plugin, that will scan for vulnerable files and will add more security to your site.

Kind Regards,

Nastia

• Sajid
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Hello,

Hope you are doing good today :slight_smile:

Gareth and Avada Support, instead of posting in an existing thread please start your own separate threads. The reason for not saving the changes could be different for both of your sites. We will need to access your site via support staff access and deal with each issue separately.

https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/#question

Feel free to post this thread link in your own thread for reference.

Thank you and have a nice day :slight_smile:

Best Regards,

Sajid

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.