Upfront / Fixer Image Changes Not Loading on Live Site

After changing the Fixer logos and other images to ones I uploaded to the media library, then saving (and purging cache), the images just won't show.

Thanks in advance for your help!

• Rupok
    • Support Ninja

Hi Nicholas

Hope you had a wonderful day.

I just tried to regenerate the issue on my test site but I could not. My uploaded images are stored and showing fine at my end. Please check the attached screenshot for reference. So it's not a bug, rather there is something on your server which is causing this. I could tell you better about the reason behind this if I could see it live on your site.

Would you mind allowing Support Access so we can have a closer look at this?

To enable support access you can follow this guide here:
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/wpmu-dev-dashboard-enabling-staff-login/

Have a nice day. Cheers!
    Rupok

• Nicholas
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hello Rupok, Thank you for looking into this.

Yes, I already did enable support access via my WPMU dashboard before posting my message above, so you should have access to it. (I also left the detailed note and private screenshots there.) Thank you.

• Nicholas
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hi, It's been a couple days and I just wanted to follow up on this?

Also, I have tried other things like disabling Varnish, disabling plugins, etc.-- to no avail. I reckon this may be a JS issue, but hopefully you guys can shed light on it better.

• Kasia Swiderska
    • Support nomad

Hello Nicholas,

I'm terribly sorry for the delay on this. I've checked your site and in browsers console there is error for images you upload - "Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 403" - and this is because you are using Amazon S3 and CloudFront. Please see this thread https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/upfront-has-an-apparent-conflict-with-amazon-s3-and-cloudfront#post-839677 where it is explained why this is not working.

kind regards,
    Kasia

• Nicholas
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hi Kasia,

That is very sad to know-- to think that thread is a year old, and this still hadn't been fixed in the updates since. The issue is that basically the editor shows the image, but the theme itself does not, not and instead just does not have the image/img tag at all.

Why Upfront doesn't play nice with S3/Cloudfront (but does play nice because the image shows in the editor) would have been something I would reckon the Upfront devs may have addressed by now.

Regardless, I'm unable to debug/modify/hire out a fix for it at this time, so does this mean there is no other way around it that you guys can suggest? (I've spent days on it and it's a shame that it would all go to waste since there is no mention or documentation about this particular issue beforehand that would have saved a lot of grief.)

• Nicholas
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Kasia, just to add: Tyler Postle noted this:

S3 plugin doesn'tplay very nicely with the WP image editor

... which is strange because this may not seem to be one on WP but Upfront specifically since using another theme has the images working all the time, and this issue only comes out on Upfront's results.

So in order to have this fully integrated with that plugin it would require the equivalent of writing a small plugin and that's just for this specific use case - so another similar s3 plugin could come out and handle things a little differently and require further customization.

Besides the fact that even having such a plugin would still help those of us who have gone out of our way to use it, and would definitely help adoption of Upfront; Can you be so kind as to guide (or have someone give quick directions) as to points/suggestions or a good approach or start to be able to do this? I may try to invest the time for this, but it would require a lot more time to dig into all the code of both Upfront / S3plugin when if this is something the devs may be easily familiar with as to provide a recommendation as to the fastest approach, it would save a lot of time and more effort. Thank you.

• Kasia Swiderska
    • Support nomad

Hello Nicholas,

Why Upfront doesn't play nice with S3/Cloudfront (but does play nice because the image shows in the editor) would have been something I would reckon the Upfront devs may have addressed by now.

I would need to ask developers if this issue is on the road map of Upfront, but there are more things that needs to be done in Upfront until this will be supported (if it will).

I'm going to flag theme developer if he can guide you in right direction on how could be this done. Please note that his response time can be little longer than usually.

kind regards,
    Kasia

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.