Upfront Fixer Theme Issues - Elements not working

Need some help before I have a breakdown. Seriously regretting using Upfront at all. But anyway.

I built a site on localhost using the fixer theme and it was working fine. Was getting ready to attempt to move it to the domain and made a change in the WP settings - changed the URL which broke the site.

To fix it I followed the instructions on this page - https://codex.wordpress.org/Changing_The_Site_URL

Tried the wp-config.php method first which didn't work then tried the functions.php which did.

However, since then certain elements on the site don't work as per screenshots

Links don't work, accordion not working, google map disappeared, got image dimensions showing on images.

So that's the first issue I'd like to fix.

I tried exporting the site to a fresh WP install so that you could get access to the site to see the issue but kept getting errors using Snapshot Pro so that didn't work.

Then I tried adding the Fixer theme to a new install and copying the site across bit by bit. Which I did then absolutely nothing saved so lost a whole site again.

I'm not even sure if it's worth persevering with and it seems that Upfront should only be used by those with a decent level of WP and CSS competence.

  • Sajid

    Hi Steve,
    Hope you are doing good today :slight_smile:

    I am sorry to hear it stopped working on your end. Could you please post the link of your website here and grant support staff access so I can take a closer look. This will help me figure out why exactly its not working for you.

    When it fails loading then the most likely the reason is due to missing or blocked files. If you go to console then it should tell you why its not loading but still you can leave it to me and enable support staff access.

    To grant access go to WPMU DEV -> Support -> Support Access -> Grant Access or see this manual.

    Look forward towards your response Steve :slight_smile:

    Best Regards,
    Sajid

  • Steve

    Hi Sajid,

    My first problem is that I haven't been able to export it across to a live site so not sure how I can grant you access. Perhaps we need to resolve the issue I'm having with importing the site via Snapshot Pro first then we can look at the other problem.

    If I'm able to get the created site onto a live domain then we can work from there.

    I've attempted to import a snapshot to http://www.pattestingperth.co.uk and have attached a screenshot of what happened. I've enable support access to that domain.

  • Nastia

    Hello Steve

    I hope you are doing well today!

    Would you please try to upload the backup manually, from your localhost to your server, via FTP?

    Also, if you will have the same error again, would you please try a different compression method in the Snapshot > Settings. In case you are using PclZip, switch to ZipArchive or the other way around.

    If you still have an unknown error, please enable WordPress debugging by putting the following to the wp-config.php file:

    define( 'WP_DEBUG', true );
    define( 'WP_DEBUG_LOG', true );
    define( 'WP_DEBUG_DISPLAY', false );

    This way all errors will be saved in the debug.log file inside the /wp-content/ directory.

    Let us know if you see there any errors!

    Cheers,
    Nastia

  • Steve

    Thanks for your help Nastia but I didn't have any luck with the backup. However, the saving issue that I was having with Upfront was resolved in an update so I have been able to rebuild the site and get it live. I have been having some minor issues but I'll start an individual thread for those when required.

    Upfront still seems to have several issues that can cause frustration, certainly for the beginner such as myself.

    Steve

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.