Upfront Floating Regions and Slider Responsive Issue

There are three issues found in Upfront:

1. Floating Region can't be deleted
2. After a Floating Region is added over another region, the below region settings can't be accessed. When "Edit Region" is clicked, it brings the Floating Region settings.
3. In responsive mode, when slider height is resized in Tab, it stays for Mobile and Desktop too. Same when done in Mobile or Desktop.

Another question, there is no option to edit Gallery image sizes in Mobile or Tablet. The same setting is applied on all device sizes. Can we have different option for gallery images for different screen sizes?

Support Access is granted already. Site Address: http://te*****************ed.co.uk/

P.S. I've tagged Upfront Builder, but the issue is with Upfront Editor.

• Rupok

Hi Stacey,

So sorry to hear the inconvenience you are having. I've already pinged our Upfront SLS (Second Level Support) person regarding this. I believe, he will come up with his valuable feedback regarding this very soon. We will update you as soon as we get anything from him.

Please keep in mind, our SLS people work around the clock and they have to deal with lots of critical issues and other things. So it may take a little while for them to check this and provide a feedback. I will appreciate your patience.

Have a nice day. Cheers!
    Rupok

• Sajid

Hello SharifSharifaceysansom,

Hope you are doing good today :slight_smile:

2. After a Floating Region is added over another region, the below region settings can't be accessed. When "Edit Region" is clicked, it brings the Floating Region settings.

I could not replicate it on my own test site. I could delete floating/sticky regions and also could edit the regions below it.

Also, I can't see any floating/sticky region on your site. Could you please provide more details, where I can see those regions ?

3. In responsive mode, when slider height is resized in Tab, it stays for Mobile and Desktop too. Same when done in Mobile or Desktop.

I could replicate this issue on my own test site. Therefore I am marking it as confirmed bug and notifying the developer so it could get fixed as soon as possible. I am sorry but I can not provide an ETA of when this will be fixed. Please keep an eye on this thread for updates.

However, meanwhile, I come up with following workaround to make slider looks good on mobile.

1. Create a preset called "mobileslider" and set it with slider in responsive -> mobile mode.

2. Now add the following code in Upfront -> Theme Settings -> Global Theme CSS.

.mobileslider .uslide-image {
        height: 300px !important;
    }

.mobileslider .uslides.upfront-default-slider.upfront-default-slider-control-outside.upfront-default-slider-control-always{
        padding-top: 300px;
     }

Another question, there is no option to edit Gallery image sizes in Mobile or Tablet. The same setting is applied on all device sizes. Can we have different option for gallery images for different screen sizes?

The gallery element thumbnails are responsive by default. That means, will scale according to the screen size.

But you can still adjust some spacing and margins and also adjust the size of thumbnails. That would not change the size but would definitely decrease the size of images that is really good for optimization.

Take care and have a nice day!

Best Regards,
    Sajid - WPMU DEV Support

• Sajid

Hello Stacey ,
    Hope you are doing good today :slight_smile:

Please accept my sincere apologies for confusion about the floating regions issue mentioned in step 1 and 2 in this thread above.

I could replicate this issue on my site too so I am creating a separate ticket for it and marking it as confirmed bug.

Meanwhile I have a workaround to delete this floating region.

Make it a global region and then delete it from Upfront -> Theme Settings -> Edit Global Regions, find the one and trash it. Give it a unique name while making it global so you don't end up deleting any other global region. See the below quick screencast on how to do it - click to enlarge and see the animation.

Best Regards,
    Sajid - WPMU DEV Support

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.