Upfront for Drudge Report Layout?

Is there a way to configure Upfront Theme to show a homepage layout similar to Drudge Report… with a featured topic headline at top and 3 columns below… new items/blog posts would push older ones off the page.

• Nastia
    • Support Rock Star

Hello Jeremy , I hope you are doing well today!

It is possible to create a similar layout. Open an Upfront in Edit mode, drag and drop the Post element inside the region and choose Post List option

Open the Post Settings, and choose the following options:

a) General Settings

– Full Post

– Pagination – "None"

– Under the Thumbnail size choose the featured image size; Large, Medium or Custom

b) Post Parts Settings

– Choose the post parts you wish to display

c) Appearance

– Create a new preset and click on Edit Preset CSS and add the following CSS to align the image on the left side:

.uposts-object li .thumbnail {
    float:left;
    padding:25px;
    }

*On the screenshot, I have the Issue theme activated

Let me know if you have any further questions!

Cheers,

Nastia

• Brad E.
    • Mr. T

Thanks for that! With your directions, are you showing me how to replicate the Drudge homepage? If so, is this to replicate the main “featured” store (at top center)? Or the multiple columns of posts? If the latter, how does your suggestion post into the 3 columns?

What I’m looking at, in your screenshots, appears more for an individual post page… am I looking at it wrong?

• Nastia
    • Support Rock Star

Hello Jeremy , I hope you are doing great!

The above instructions are how to make your home page close to the look that the Drudge site has.

It will be tricky to make it exactly like the Drudge . You may add three separate elements on the page in this order:

1) Post element with one single post.

2) Text element with e-commerce shortcodes to show buy button | or a button that redirects to shop page.

2) Post element with 2 posts.

The tricky is to make the posts not to show the same post in the first and the third element. If the first post will be a sticky post, then it will not cause any issues and the third post element may pull all the latest posts.

But if you want to post to change dynamically, you need to create two separate categories; one for the post that will appear inside the first element, and the second one for the post’s element in the third place.

I hope this will not confuse you. Let me know if you have any further questions.

Cheers,

Nastia

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.