Upfront Fullscreen Region

Hi, if i do not go into upfront for a day or two and render the page the fullscreen region image on the homepage will stop showing up for users. But when upfront is opened and the page is rendered it shows back up for the users. Also i have a Sticky region for the menu on the home page and it will not go past the top image as well.

Thanks!

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello Michael,

I hope you're well today and thank you for your question!

I have checked your site but I'm not quite sure if I get a full picture of these issue so let's first make sure that we are on the same side please :slight_smile:

if i do not go into upfront for a day or two and render the page the fullscreen region image on the homepage will stop showing up for users.

Do you mean the "full-width" region that's used for the main header of your site (with a "desk" photo and logo)? Currently I can see it (even though I didn't run Upfront on your site) but I would expect that to be related to some caching. Did you try - just for testing - disable cache on site and see if that still happens?

Also i have a Sticky region for the menu on the home page and it will not go past the top image as well.

It doesn't seem like there was a sticky region currently on your homepage but I suppose you are referring to the one that holds the main menu, is that correct? If that region is set to sticky, upon initial load it should be above the next one and then - while the page is scrolled - it should stick to the top and the rest of the page should "hide behind" it. I have just tested it with Parrot theme on my test setup and it seems to be working fine but I'm not sure if I'm not missing the point here so could you please elaborate a bit on this?

I hope that I'll get a better picture of the issue thanks to your responses and I'll then be able to find solution for you.

Looking forward to your replay,
    Adam

• Michael Zaccaria

Do you mean the "full-width" region that's used for the main header of your site (with a "desk" photo and logo)? Currently I can see it (even though I didn't run Upfront on your site) but I would expect that to be related to some caching. Did you try - just for testing - disable cache on site and see if that still happens?

- Yes the main header image completely disappears if upfront is not reopened and then saved about once a day or every other day. You can currently see I go in and do this. I have disabled hummingbird completely to see if this corrects the issue.

It doesn't seem like there was a sticky region currently on your homepage but I suppose you are referring to the one that holds the main menu, is that correct? If that region is set to sticky, upon initial load it should be above the next one and then - while the page is scrolled - it should stick to the top and the rest of the page should "hide behind" it. I have just tested it with Parrot theme on my test setup and it seems to be working fine but I'm not sure if I'm not missing the point here so could you please elaborate a bit on this?

You are correct it is my menu that is set to "sticky" however the actual sticky function of it sticking to the top only functions in upfront and not on the live site. It works fine on all other pages of the website but not on the home page.

Thanks

• Predrag Dubajic

Hi Michael,

These issues are most likely related to caching and minification and I would like to have a closer look at your setup if you could grant us support access to your site.

To enable support access you can follow this guide here:
    http://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/wpmu-dev-dashboard-enabling-staff-login/

Please respond in this thread once access is granted.

Best regards,
    Predrag

• Predrag Dubajic

Hi Michael,

It looks like the issue with sticky header is because of using subregion for the menu on your home page, I did some tests on my installation and I was able to replicate the same issue when setting subregion as sticky. :slight_frown:

I have reported this bug to our developers so they can see what's going on and take care of it in future releases.

As for the header image and video issue, I tried testing this in multiple browsers, with regular and hard refresh but it loaded fine for me each time.
    Since you can replicate this could you grab as some info from console tab, this should help us determining where the issue is coming from.

To do this in Chrome, next time your header doesn't load right click anywhere on page and select Inspect option, this will open a window where you can switch to Console tab and there should be red errors that would tell us what might be going on.
    You can right click anywhere near the errors and select Save as... option, save it as .txt file and attach it here so we can check it out.

Best regards,
    Predrag

• Michael Zaccaria

Ok I will do that as soon as i have the bug and take some screenshots as well. Its a strange issue, if it happens if i go into upfront so it says "rendering" "loading" and all of that then save and exit upfront. They show back up on the live site. They are definitely not showing up on users end when this happens and not just my computer because i find out by a call from the website owner who says the website inst working. Hopefully we can resolve this.

Thanks for your help!

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.