Upfront getting buggy- multiple reloads to edit page

Hello,

Upfront has gotten much buggier recently.
The most common hang-up is editing pages.
Every time I select a page I have to "update" it first-- just for opening the page.
Often the page will then be faded out and I have to go back to select the page again, "update" it again and then- hopefully edit it.
Sometimes it just starts out faded, or the page shows but the Upfront elements sidebar is empty.
Each back and forth means waiting for Upfront to load again and again.

Things work out, and it's better than parchment and feather pens, but....

Other random quirks:
The main title/header image duplicates itself when I reload the page.
I go back delete the whole heading- enter it as separate text and image and things work out.

Twice I could not upload jpegs- the only error msg was "You can't do this"
This was while editing a page. Going to the media library and dragging the image in worked ok- and seemed to clear the overall problem up.

I noticed once I was logged in as myself- Peter.
But the user icon showed "anonymous" (photo).

Running updated everything- iMac OS also up to date.
Is it just me? Are other people finding upfront buggier than usual?

Cheers, Peter

• Michael Bissett

Hey peter,

Let's start here:

The most common hang-up is editing pages.

Every time I select a page I have to "update" it first-- just for opening the page.

What do you mean by "update", could you clarify, please?

Also, what's a page that I can check out for this, got a link for me? And could you also enable Support Access, so I can try editing it?

https://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/wpmu-dev-dashboard-enabling-staff-login/

Kind Regards,
    Michael

P.S. Since you mentioned this:

Running updated everything- iMac OS also up to date.

What's the browser you're using to make edits here?

• Michael Bissett

Hey peter,

Okay, I see what you mean now.

Pages created with the "No template" option selected are opened like this (generally speaking, there can be cases where it doesn't automatically do this), the reason you're seeing the rest of the content grayed out is because the editor focuses on what I'll term the WP default content:

Whereas content like this:

Is inserted separate from that (you've dragged & dropped a YouTube element onto the page).

With that said, to touch on your next point:

The main title/header image duplicates itself when I reload the page.
    I go back delete the whole heading- enter it as separate text and image and things work out.

What needs to happen to see this in action? A screencast would be handy, this is a tool that can help create one of those:

http://www.techsmith.com/jing.html

Please advise,
    Michael

• peter

Thank you Michael Bissett for the first piece of the mystery.
    The second, the duplicating picture piece is unpredictable.
    It had not happened before- I'll watch for it and try to screen capture it if I can.

The first part- maybe this is a new thread- gets me turned around when (always) I want to put an image with the title.
    Drag/dropping an image element means a little bit more of a fight over the size and dimensions of the image.
    Fitting it in with the title element has meant deleting "You content goes here"- after which an option to insert image pops up. (Though this never shows itself again, nor does a "your content" option- so it is do or die at that particular moment.

I know you all are constantly updating the software, I guess my real hope is these issues filter back to the developers who find ways to make things smoother and smoother.

Thanks again,
    Peter

• Michael Bissett

Hey peter,

The second, the duplicating picture piece is unpredictable.
    It had not happened before- I'll watch for it and try to screen capture it if I can.

Okay, that'd be handy.

On this:

The first part- maybe this is a new thread- gets me turned around when (always) I want to put an image with the title.

Sounds like you're wanting a featured image for a page here. This would be something best dealt with in a new thread, there's already 3 separate issues in this one.

Speaking of which, the third one:

Twice I could not upload jpegs- the only error msg was "You can't do this"

This was while editing a page. Going to the media library and dragging the image in worked ok- and seemed to clear the overall problem up.

In looking at this one again, seems like you've already got this sorted, unless you are still running into it with .jpg uploads?

If you are, would you have a screencast of this handy for me? I'm not able to reproduce this behavior right now, on your site, or on my own test site.

Please advise,
    Michael