Upfront Global Regions

Hi,

In upfront where I can find global content or how I can add on other pages?

see the attached picture!

thank you,

Andres

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello Andres,

I hope you're well today and thank you for your question!

I checked the screenshot that you posted here and it seems you're doing it the right way. The global region should appear on the list shown on an image and be "selectable". Having said that, I'd like to check your site as well so would you mind granting me a support access to it?

Here's a guide on how to do this:
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/wpmu-dev-dashboard-enabling-staff-login/

Best regards,
    Adam

• Predrag Dubajic

Hi Andrés,

We are currently experiencing some issues with global regions and the fix will be included in the next UF release we are currently working on and that should see light of day soon.

Not sure why the menu was misbehaving for your but I have simply added new menu element, selected correct menu and removed the old one, saved the settings and it should be showing normally now.

Best regards,
    Predrag

• Aroque

Hi,

I think I'll never get done my site. do you think that is better wait until version 1.4? or maybe I am doing it in the wrong way.
    I am using Luke and Sarah Theme, but I am changing menu to other position and adding new regions.
    Today I updated upfront but lost many of the new changes I had done. global content not working so I have to do again one by one.
    do I have to use exactly the theme configuration and not make any change only text and picture?
    I lost many hours trying to get done.

thank you for your help
    regard,
    Andrés

• Aroque

Hello Adam,

global content work now very well!

can you help with other issues?

1- for example how I can change the page account styles in membership 2 using Luke and Sara theme? see the picture.

2- from my multi-site site In membership 2 is possible to restrict the members access to a subsite when membership remains unpaid or terminate the subscription? how can I do?

thank you for your help!
    regards,
    Andrés

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello Andrés!

I'm glad global regions are now working for you :slight_smile:

1- for example how I can change the page account styles in membership 2 using Luke and Sara theme? see the picture.

There are two ways to do this. You can use just the first one or the first and second one together depending of an amount of customization that you wish to make.

1. Custom CSS

Most of the CSS rules should be picked up from default styles of your current theme except a few ones that are specific to Membership 2 Pro parts. Entire page though can be altered by adding custom CSS rules to the site. To do this you should be familiar with CSS styling and then

- use browser's Inspect DOM/Element tool to find out classes of elements you'd wish to style (here's a nice guide on using that tool in Chrome: https://developer.chrome.com/devtools#dom-and-styles)

- create and test CSS rules (testing can be done using browser tools as well, it's also explained on the page I linked to)

- add those rules either to your child theme's style.css file (if you are using a child theme) or via e.g. "Simple Custom CSS" plugin. )

2. Custom page template

Membership 2 Pro supports custom page templates. This is documented in plugin on "Membership 2 -> Help -> Customize Membership 2" page in your site's dashboard. For example: a custom page template for "Account" page would be a file named "m2-account.php" that you'd need to create and place inside your current theme's folder. As a base for that file you could use a default page template file and then customize it according to your needs.

2- from my multi-site site In membership 2 is possible to restrict the members access to a subsite when membership remains unpaid or terminate the subscription? how can I do?

I assume you are referring to a membership on a main site that would also restrict access to content of a subsite at the same time, is that correct?

This can be done but Membership 2 Pro plugin would have to be "network wide" enabled. To do this you'd need to first disable Membership 2 Pro on a main site and all sub-sites and add following line to the "wp-content.php" file of your WP install:

define( 'MS_PROTECT_NETWORK', true );

Then the plugin should be "network enabled" (via "Network Admin" dashboard). This would switch Membership 2 Pro to a "sidewide protection" so all the memberships would be applied across entire network.

If you however already have memberships and active members, you'll need to set them all up "from scratch" as the plugin won't pickup any existing memberships. Subsites' admins will also not be able to setup their own separate memberships and protection rules.

If you have any further questions on this, let me know please and I'll be happy to answer.

I'd like to ask you however to start new (separate) threads if you have questions that are not strictly related to the initial issue. For example: this thread started with Upfront's global regions issue and now "switched" to Membership 2. In cases such as this one, please start separate threads as it will let us help you faster and in a more accurate way and will also help other members of our community find help if they face similar issues. I hope that makes sense :slight_smile:

Best regards,
    Adam

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.