UpFront Gone -- all my sites…

As recently as April 1 I was here getting support for UpFront. I have been converting all my sites to UpFront themes (as you can see from my support history). No one thought to mention what was obviously in the works…dumping all themes.

The amount of work that went into these sites is incredible and to find I have to start over utterly disheartening. I understand the need to pivot in business, but giving customers a bit of a heads up would have been the ethical thing to do. :slight_frown:

• Dimitris

Hello there ProSapien,

hope you're doing good today and I'm really sorry for the frustration here. :slight_frown:

We have posted about the discontinuation of Upfront in our blog (https://premium.wpmudev.org/blog/goodbye-upfront-hello-everybody/) and we couldn't just share any further information before that. As you can also read in above article, this wasn't an easy decision and even if we could provide some info about this earlier, we would still have had older members that they would have led to the same position as you did.
    Please keep in mind that all themes still reside in Github for open-source development and we will still push any critical fixes to them. We also keep supporting them, just like any other WP product, so feel free to find us in our live chat for any Upfront related issues. :slight_smile:

Warm regards,
    Dimitris

• ProSapien

As I said, this must have been under serious consideration on April 1, the last time I asked for support. I don’t read the blog every day and come to the site when I need to look for a theme, plugin, or support. Rather than post about it, it would have been nice if those USING the themes (since you track that) would have been notified that they were being dropped.

I have invested significant money and TIME in developing these sites on UpFront and now have to start over, finding a new theme, paying for themes, learning a new paradigm.

In addition, I have to recreate all the pages, since they do NOT translate to a new system. THANK HEAVENS I ignored the advice to create posts in the UpFront post builder and, instead, used the WP default!

Again, I understand the need to change directions, I don’t understand that individuals using the themes were not specifically informed. Owning our own hardware company, I do understand how to deal with changes. One avenue would have been for you all to research and recommend alternate themes for your customers that provided similar features and customization. Perhaps working with the other company to provide a discounted transition path in exchange for sending customers there way, etc.

It would have made the decision and transition less painful and costly to your long-time loyal customer.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.