Upfront hang on loading at 20%

When I try to edit the layout, Upfront hangs at 20%. I tried resetting the cache, installing updates, and increasing memory limit and execution time in .htacccess.

How do I get upfront working again?

• Predrag Dubajic

Hey Christian,

Hope you're doing well today :slight_smile:

I see that you have made some changes already in UF so can you tell if you remember when it started happening, when you added specific element or perhaps installed some plugins on your site?

Also, would you mind allowing support access so we can have a closer look at this?
    To enable support access you can follow this guide here:
    http://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/wpmu-dev-dashboard-enabling-staff-login/

Best regards,
    Predrag

• Predrag Dubajic

Hi Christian,

Issue seems specific to your home page as other pages are loading fine, however I was unable to pinpoint what exactly is causing it.

Since there are no that many changes on home page can you make a full backup of your site and after that go to Upfront > General panel in your admin section, in DEBUG OPTIONS section select your Home Page layout and click on Reset Layout button to reset that layout and see if it works after that?

Let us know how it goes.

Best regards,
    Predrag

Let us know how it goes.

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello Christian!

I access your site and checked it. There's one issue that makes me wonder: you said that after reseting "Home Page" layout Upfront editor started to hang at 16% and I can confirm that it hangs at this point.

However, I can also see that you home page is customized and it shouldn't be after you reset the layout. That suggests that either you were able to access the Upfront editor at least once after reseting layout or that the layout did not got reset or that there's been changes made to the theme files. Did any of that took place?

Am I allowed to reset the home page layout (if necessary) myself?

Please advise!

Best regards,
    Adam

• Milan

Hello Christian

Hope you are well today and thanks for asking us. :slight_smile:

Thanks for taking backup of your site. I took a look at it, conducted plugin conflict test, clear caches and also tried to rest layout but none of technique helped me so far to resolve your issue. So currently I've flagged our Upfront devs for this. We would need to wait for their update. Meantime would you please open your wp-config.php file and replace this line,

define ( "WP_DEBUG", false );

with these ones,

//enable debug mode
    define ( "WP_DEBUG", true );
    //enable logging of errors and notices
    define ( "WP_DEBUG_LOG", true );
    //hiding notices and errors from the front ends.
    define ( "WP_DEBUG_DISPLAY", false );

Do that and try to load your upfront, wait till it hangs and then navigate to /wp-content/ folder. Fine file named debug.log and change its extension from .log to .txt, upload it in your next post. :slight_smile:

Looking forward to hearing back. :slight_smile:
    Best Regards,
    Milan

• Christian

Hey. Here we go:

I tried disabling the e-newsletter plugin and resetting the uf cache, but the issue remains.

Brgds

[22-Sep-2016 08:10:01 UTC] PHP Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in /home/rugged20/public_html/adamdreisler.dk/wp-content/plugins/e-newsletter/email-newsletter-files/builder/class.builder.php on line 368
    [22-Sep-2016 08:10:01 UTC] PHP Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in /home/rugged20/public_html/adamdreisler.dk/wp-content/plugins/e-newsletter/email-newsletter-files/builder/class.builder.php on line 368
    [22-Sep-2016 08:10:06 UTC] PHP Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in /home/rugged20/public_html/adamdreisler.dk/wp-content/plugins/e-newsletter/email-newsletter-files/builder/class.builder.php on line 368
    [22-Sep-2016 08:10:07 UTC] PHP Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in /home/rugged20/public_html/adamdreisler.dk/wp-content/plugins/e-newsletter/email-newsletter-files/builder/class.builder.php on line 368
    [22-Sep-2016 08:10:08 UTC] PHP Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in /home/rugged20/public_html/adamdreisler.dk/wp-content/plugins/e-newsletter/email-newsletter-files/builder/class.builder.php on line 368
    [22-Sep-2016 08:10:08 UTC] PHP Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in /home/rugged20/public_html/adamdreisler.dk/wp-content/plugins/e-newsletter/email-newsletter-files/builder/class.builder.php on line 368
    [22-Sep-2016 08:10:09 UTC] PHP Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in /home/rugged20/public_html/adamdreisler.dk/wp-content/plugins/e-newsletter/email-newsletter-files/builder/class.builder.php on line 368
    [22-Sep-2016 08:10:10 UTC] PHP Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in /home/rugged20/public_html/adamdreisler.dk/wp-content/plugins/e-newsletter/email-newsletter-files/builder/class.builder.php on line 368
    [22-Sep-2016 08:10:13 UTC] PHP Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in /home/rugged20/public_html/adamdreisler.dk/wp-content/plugins/e-newsletter/email-newsletter-files/builder/class.builder.php on line 368
    [22-Sep-2016 08:10:14 UTC] PHP Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in /home/rugged20/public_html/adamdreisler.dk/wp-content/plugins/e-newsletter/email-newsletter-files/builder/class.builder.php on line 368
    [22-Sep-2016 08:10:15 UTC] PHP Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in /home/rugged20/public_html/adamdreisler.dk/wp-content/plugins/e-newsletter/email-newsletter-files/builder/class.builder.php on line 368
    [22-Sep-2016 08:10:15 UTC] PHP Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in /home/rugged20/public_html/adamdreisler.dk/wp-content/plugins/e-newsletter/email-newsletter-files/builder/class.builder.php on line 368
    [22-Sep-2016 08:10:16 UTC] PHP Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in /home/rugged20/public_html/adamdreisler.dk/wp-content/plugins/e-newsletter/email-newsletter-files/builder/class.builder.php on line 368
    [22-Sep-2016 08:10:16 UTC] PHP Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in /home/rugged20/public_html/adamdreisler.dk/wp-content/plugins/e-newsletter/email-newsletter-files/builder/class.builder.php on line 368
    [22-Sep-2016 08:10:17 UTC] PHP Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in /home/rugged20/public_html/adamdreisler.dk/wp-content/plugins/e-newsletter/email-newsletter-files/builder/class.builder.php on line 368
    [22-Sep-2016 08:10:17 UTC] PHP Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in /home/rugged20/public_html/adamdreisler.dk/wp-content/plugins/e-newsletter/email-newsletter-files/builder/class.builder.php on line 368
    [22-Sep-2016 08:10:21 UTC] PHP Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in /home/rugged20/public_html/adamdreisler.dk/wp-content/plugins/e-newsletter/email-newsletter-files/builder/class.builder.php on line 368
    [22-Sep-2016 08:10:22 UTC] PHP Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in /home/rugged20/public_html/adamdreisler.dk/wp-content/plugins/e-newsletter/email-newsletter-files/builder/class.builder.php on line 368
    [22-Sep-2016 08:10:31 UTC] PHP Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in /home/rugged20/public_html/adamdreisler.dk/wp-content/plugins/e-newsletter/email-newsletter-files/builder/class.builder.php on line 368

• Dimitris

Hey there Cristian,

hope you're doing good and don't mind chiming in!

I tried disabling the e-newsletter plugin and resetting the uf cache, but the issue remains.

The error log showed just some PHP notices which shouldn't be the source of such misbehaviours.
    I already deployed some tests in my sandbox installation and provided my feedback to the UF dev team, hopefully I'm going to have some insights pretty soon and I'll let you know ASAP. :slight_smile:

Warm regards,
    Dimitris

PS. A more aggressive tactic could be to "Reset Theme" from Upfront admin page. This will revert anything related to UF theme.

• Dimitris

Hey there Christian,

could you please provide us with some server access so that our dev team can have a closer look? As this is public forum, you must send us your details through our safe contact form https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/ using this template:

Subject: "Attn: Dimitris"
    - WordPress admin username
    - WordPress admin password
    - WordPress login url
    - FTP credentials (host/username/password)
    - cPanel/Plesk credentials for DB access (host/username/password)
    - link back to this thread for reference
    - any other relevant urls

Select "I have a different question" for your topic - this and the subject line ensure that it gets assigned to me.

Cheers,
    Dimitris

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.