Upfront has never worked properly

All of a sudden my main navigation switched to default settings and is not loading the image I placed in the navigation. I tried to fix it but Upfront just seems to not work right and now it is all messed up.

I am looking for guidance on getting upfront to work properly. Since I have built my website using it there has been problems. (Examples, I try to resize an element and it doesn't resize, I try to add an element and it won't add. I watched the tutorials and read the forums and it seems like things just snap into place but when I try it nothing works right.)

I don't know if the browser has anything to do with it I use Firefox and it seems to be having issues so I logged in using chrome it seemed to work better but eventually I run into the same problems. The funny thing is if I log out and then come back the next day and log in Upfront works great for an hour then gets all buggy on me again.

Do I have something setup wrong? This has been an issue since I built my website using your system with no plugins except what comes stock with a Wordpress installation so I dont believe it is another plugin interfering.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

• Nithin

Hi Evan,

That's really an odd issue, I wasn't able to replicate, nor notice such issue in my system. This seems to be specific to your website. Could you please try adding the following line of code in your wp-config.php file.
    define('UPFRONT_DEBUG_LEVELS', 'dependencies');

Please make sure to place the above code, just before the line /* That's all, stop editing! Happy blogging. */

The file wp-config.php, is located in the root directory, where /wp-admin, and /wp-includes folders resides, and you'll have to make use of an FTP application to access the file.

If you still have issue even after making the mentioned edits, please enable support access, so that we could give a closer look. You can grant access from WPMU DEV > Support > Support Access > Grant Access, or check this manual: http://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/wpmu-dev-dashboard-enabling-staff-login/

Please let us know once you enable access, so that we could get this sorted. Have a nice weekend. :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,
    Nithin

• Nithin

Hi Evan,

Hope you are doing good today. :slight_smile:

All of a sudden my main navigation switched to default settings and is not loading the image I placed in the navigation.

Could you please specify what is the exact issue here, or how do I replicate this? At the moment, this is how I see you navigation:

I could see the image is loading in your navigation, and the "Main Menu" is set in your navigation, isn't that how it's supposed to be? OR is there more images missing? Please advise, what I'm missing here.

I have enabled optimization, under Upfront > Experimental, and clear the Upfront cache would recommend you to check whether you still have issue.

If you are able to notice anomalies, would recommend you to disable all the plugins, and then check whether Upfront works fine, if yes, please activate the plugins one-by-one, and see what is breaking your site.

If disabling the plugins didn't help much, please explain the steps to replicate the issue, so that we could have a better idea regarding this, and help get this resolved asap. Have a nice day ahead. :slight_smile:

Best Regards,
    Nithin

• Evan

Hello Nithin,
      Thanks for looking I was able to add the image in the navigation and get it to size right but the site description use to display and now it doesn't, how do I get it back. Also I went to add a text section, with links to social media, next to the navigation on the right side. I had it set and then my browser said the script stop running. I had to refresh the page and the text section I created was gone. This has happened to me a number of times. I'll get a whole page layout done and then it will say script has stop running and the page is frozen, is this a browser issue?

• Nithin

Hi Evan,

Hope you are doing good today. :slight_smile:

I wasn't able to replicate such issues in my test site. It seems like the support access got expired, so I wasn't able to check this out, could you please enable support access, so that I could try to make the mentioned changes, and see how that goes, so that I would be able to give you a better idea about why you are noticing such anomalies in your system.

You can grant access from WPMU DEV > Support > Support Access > Grant Access, or check this manual: http://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/wpmu-dev-dashboard-enabling-staff-login/

Please let us know once you enable access, so that we could get this sorted. Have a nice day. :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,
    Nithin

• apurba_podder

Hi Evan,
    Hope you are doing good today.

Sometimes your Upfront editing panel doesn't work because there is a JavaScript conflict happening with our Floating Social plugin. Fortunately, the fix is quite easy to do :slight_smile:

Go to: Settings > Floating Social

Then find the option "Attempt to fix front page conflicts" and select NO. Please see the image below.

Actually Your text is there. But the text color and Background Color are same. Just select the text & change color.

I hope Your problem will be solved.

If you need more help please contact us.

• Evan

Hi apurba_podder
    I never found a use for floating social so I deleted it. This issue was happening before I added floating social. As I was trying to add some social icons to my navigation I got the same stop script warning again, attached is an image. Also when I do drag an images element or text element or any type of element it throws off the sizing of everything is that section. How do I prevent this? I would like to place something to setup a layout and have it stay where I paced it at the size I made it.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.