upfront how to add more widgets

Hi,

I can't figure out how to get more widgets in upfront. I click add widget in th admins appearance tab but nothing happens. I only have four widgets showing in upfront element area. For instance video shows adding woocommerce to a page in upfront using a widget. No woocommerce widget to choose though

I'll go and click grant access

Thanks

• Nithin

Hi Ben Smith,

Hope you are doing good today. :slight_smile:

Upfront doesn't behave like a default WordPress theme, and has it's very own framework, you'll have to make use of the Widget element if you are looking to add Widgets in Upfront.

If you still have issues, please enable support access, so that we could give a closer look.
    If its okay for you then please grant support staff access so I can take a closer look. You can grant access from WPMU DEV > Support > Support Access > Grant Access, or check this manual: http://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/wpmu-dev-dashboard-enabling-staff-login/

Please let us know once you enable access, so that we could get this sorted. Have a nice day. :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,
    Nithin

• Nithin

Hi Ben Smith,

Hope you are doing good today. :slight_smile:

How do I get more in to upfront to choose from the element panel?

I checked your system, and I could notice all your widgets in it, you'll have to scroll in order to see your other widgets.

The above screenshot is taken from your website, and I could notice all the widgets visible in it. Please check, and let me know if you still need any further assistance. Have a nice day. :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,
    Nithin

• Rupok

Hi Ben Smith,

I don't really understand the difference between Builder and editor or between a theme or actual site

Sorry for the confusion. Let me describe. In one word, Builder is for creating and customizing themes and Editor is for customizing site content. Suppose, you have installed and activated a regular WordPress theme. Now if you want to add pictures on a page, or change formatting of your post/page content, how do you do that? You do that through your post/page editor. Exactly same is done with Editor. With Editor, you can customize your WordPress posts, pages, archives etc. content design.

On the other hand, when you create a regular WordPress theme, what do you do? You code templates. For example, single page template, you design it in such a way so it works for all of the posts, single page template design works for all pages. In Upfront, you do this with Builder. When you create new regular theme, you can export it and install on any site. All your templates are exported with your theme. Same with Builder. When you edit a theme with Builder and export that, all your changes are shipped with your theme. So anyone installing that theme, will get those customization.

But when you create a post in your site and update that post with content, that is not shipped with your theme. That's your site specific thing. In similar way, changes you make through the Editor stays on your site.

I believe the difference is clear to you now. Please let us know if you have any further confusion. We will be glad to help.

When using Chrome I see it in Editor but not Builder

This is expected behavior in Builder. You will see only four widgets. Let me explain.

As I said above, Builder is for creating and editing themes. When you create a theme, than can be exported and installed in another WordPress site. Now if your theme has any widget which is not available on another site, your theme might break on that other site. Suppose your site has a custom login widget, and you added that in your theme sidebar. Now I download that theme and installed on my site. On my site, that custom login widget is not installed. So when that theme on my site will call that custom login widget code (as you designed your theme with that widget), it might break on my site.

That's why the four native widgets are shown in Builder. If you check again, you will find out that those four widgets are available when you install WordPress. So those widgets are available on any WordPress site. This is the reason those four widgets are available in Builder but no other widgets.

Regarding the scrollbar not showing in EDGE, I could regenerate this on my end. So I'm pinging our developers regarding this. I believe, they will come up with a fix very soon.

Please keep in mind, our developers work round the clock and they have to deal with lots of critical issues and other things. So it may take a little while for them to check this and release a fix.

Have a nice day. Cheers!
    Rupok

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.