Upfront issue with Google maps pro

When upfront is enabled the shortcode [map] doesn't work because the API becomes invalid, the only way to fix it is by adding the API key to Upfront settings instead of Google Maps Pro settings and also Network markers and Settings in the Plugin or Widget don't work with activated upfront.

• Katya Tsihotska

Hi Der Nerd

Hope you're fine today!

Thank you for reporting this! I was able to replicate the same issue on my end. I will send this information to our developers, so they will resolve this issue in future updates.

If the hotfix will be out before the official update, we will post it here.

Please keep in mind, our developers work round the clock and they have to deal with lots of critical issues and other things. So it may take a little while for them to check this and release a fix. I appreciate your patience!

Kind regards,
    Katya

• David

Let me clarify my understanding.

Whereas The series of assistance included in the WPMUDEV Google Maps Pro that provides the correct parameters for map usage by insertion of short codes, e.g. [agm_members_map].

Whereas Upon dragging a map into the Upfront editor one is presented 3 options. :

1) Use My Current Location
    2 Entry of an address, or
    3) Users can click Controls (gear icon), then toggling Use Custom Map Code (it mentions Snazzy Maps), selecting Open Map Code Panel and pasting [agm_members_map].
    Fails.

It is reasonable to assume that the Map Code Panel is for yet a third party code, and not for short codes related to syntax like [agm_members_map]?

If short codes are not functional in the Map Code Panel (they fail for me) then I believe the documentation is unclear, and needs to be specified.

My objective is to load BuddyPress Members Map in pages using the Upfront Editor. I do not think its possible. All my API settings are correct in Google Maps Pro, and the WPMUDEV Dashboard Plugin.

• Katya Tsihotska

Hi David

Hope you're having a great day!

Let me shed some light on this :slight_smile: Thing is that Google Maps Pro and the Draggable Maps Element in Upfront Editor/Builder (see screenshot) are separate things.

You can implement maps created by Google Maps Pro via shortcode or widget. For shortcodes you'd need to use text element or text widget, they will not be rendered in the Upfront editor, but, they should be rendered in the Front End of the site.

As for the Maps element in Upfront editor, as you already mentioned, there are 3 options: enter an address, use your current location and use a custom map code. The last option is for the code generated by third-party apps like this one (it's free): https://snazzymaps.com/

You can find this out from the small prompt on the right side of the "Use Custom Map Code" toggle (you'll need to put your mouse over the "i" icon).

Hope this clarifies the things a bit.

If you have any additional questions please let us know, we always are happy to help.

Kind regards,
    Katya