Upfront Issues

Hey,

I'm using Upfront on one of my clients website. However, I'm running into issues. For starters, the Upfront editor is very laggy, in addition to, it begin buggy. Furthermore, the website load time is very slow.

Another issue that I'm running into, is that I can't seem to change the font colour, style, size, etc. on most items. I can, however, change the actual font, for instance Arial to INSERT FONT NAME.

I have no clue how to change the colour of the Facebook image on the navigation bar on the Sprit theme.

Can anyone help me out?

Thanks,
Donald

Adam Czajczyk

Hello Donald,

I hope you're well today and thank you for your question!

Let me start with "Upfront being laggy" and slow site. Could you please increase WP memory limit? This is by default set to a value that's very low and is often causing performance issues.

To do this please add following line to the "wp-content.php" file of your site:

define('WP_MEMORY_LIMIT','256M');

The line should be placed above the "/*That's all, stop editing..." line. The "256M" value may be increased even further depending on how much memory is made available to PHP. "256M" however is more than enough in most cases.

I can, however, change the actual font, for instance Arial to INSERT FONT NAME.

Could you please share a screenshot of this with me?

I have no clue how to change the colour of the Facebook image on the navigation bar on the Sprit theme.

Social icons are all set in a single SVG file that's called by Upfront CSS. To change them you would want to create a new image - it can either be a single image including all icons or just a selected icon (even "on hover" version only) - and then edit social icons' CSS. You may access it by selecting social icons area on page layout (in Upfront editor) and clicking on a "Settings" icon (gray "gear" icon) for it.

I'll be glad to help you with this on your site so if you wish me to do this, please:

- create your icon image
    - upload it to your site (e.g. via Media Library)
    - share a link to it with me
    - grant me a support access to your site as explained here:
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/wpmu-dev-dashboard-enabling-staff-login/

Best regards,
    Adam

Donald

Hey,

Thanks for replying to me!!!

I'm doing pretty good!!! Thanks for asking!!! I also hope your doing well!!!

Thanks, so I upped the limit by define('WP_MEMORY_LIMIT','256M'); and it seems to be slightly better!!!

I think I figured out the text thing! It just needed to be in "paragraph" type!

I would be more then grateful if you could help out!!!

I've given you permission on RARVictoria.com! And the link to the image is http://rarvictoria.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/07/facebook-icon.png

Please let me know if it needs to be a different format!

Thanks once again,
    Donald

Adam Czajczyk

Hello Donald!

I visited your site and replaced FB icon with that new one. To do this I entered "Settings" (a gray "gear" icon over top edge of social icons element) editor for social icons element and then in CSS editor I changed this code:

.facebook:before {
     background-position: -63px -383px;
    }
     .facebook:hover:before,  .facebook.dark {background-position: -223px -383px;
    }

to this

.facebook:before {
     //background-position: -63px -383px;
        background-image:url('http://rarvictoria.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/07/facebook-icon.png');
        background-position:top left;
    	background-size:cover;
    }
     .facebook:hover:before,  .facebook.dark { //background-position: -223px -383px;
    }

The site is now using your custom FB icon. The downside is that the icon doesn't change "on mouse over" but this can also be fixed. You'd need one more image for this - the same as the one that's used now but using different colors.

Also, I forgot, is there a way to add a background colour to the drop menus?

To do this please follow this steps (in Upfront editor):

- enter "Settings" mode for menu by clicking on "Settings" (little gray "gear" icon on top edge of menu element) for it
    - in Upfront panel on the left click on "Appearance" tab
    - if the drop-down box for "Choose or Create Preset" option is set to "default": expand it, type the name of a new preset (any name that will help you identify it later) and click on "Add" button next to it; you may skip this step if you already created a preset there
    - below you'll find three "tabs": "Static", "Hover" and "Focus" so select "Item Background" color for each of them
    - "Save Element"
    - Save Upfront

Also, for some reason the "Tabs" element isn't working. It actually works in the Upfront Editor but no where else.

I can confirm this on your site. I'm not yet sure though what can be causing this as there's no JS errors there and the tabs work in Upfront editor. I suppose this may be a conflict with forms plugin though it needs to be checked. I tested Contact Form 7 on my own setup and it works well with Upfront's tabs. Could you please try switching your contact forms to Contact Form 7 then and give see if this would work on your setup? You'll find that plugin here:

https://wordpress.org/plugins/contact-form-7/

Best regards,
    Adam

Donald

Thank you so much!!!!!!!!!!

All of the problems have been solved!!!

I added the hover image and it looks pretty good!

You, know I saw the, content background colour option and I thought to myself that wouldn't be it... Silly me!!!

As for the tabs thing, it was the contact form plugin that was causing the issue. I had an option that would popup if "@" was entered in to the email field! So I've disabled that and it seems to be working properly!!!

Thanks once again!!!
    Donald