Upfront just doesnt save my work

For the second time everything I worked on vanished. So I guess I am doing something wrong. Is there anything you aren't supposed to do? Upfront just doesn't save my work or saves it incomplete. Also when I download my theme it doesn't have all the global regions etc. So I am certain something just isn't right. This has hapened on diferent themes I made and different domains, etc. So I know the issue might be something I do.

Support access is granted.

• Ken Kimbrell

Hello Sergio-

Just to possibly clear up any kind of confusion. It is important to know that Upfront and Upfront Builder are separate entities. If you go into "Upfront" editor and modify your current theme, those changes are immediate once saved.

If you happen to make too many mistakes, and want to "Reset Theme", then you can do this VIA wordpress dashboard by going to Upfront > General > RESET THEME
    By resetting the theme, it restores it to the original default theme.

If you hover over upfront on the admin and click modify current theme. This takes you to upfront builder, where any change you make effects the "original default theme" Meaning, you may have to RESET THEME, in order to see your changes. I have made a screen cast in the past, showing the difference. you can find that link here: Difference Between Upfront & Builder

Let me know how this works for you!

Take Care,

Ken - WPMU DEV Support

• Ken Kimbrell

Hello Sergio-

You could potentially go to your servers root directory where your core wordpress installation resides. Find wp-content > themes > Find your current theme that is activated with all the changes. Open that file, copy all of its contents. Then find the theme folder with the name of the theme you are making in Upfront Builder, delete its contents and paste in the files and all content of your current theme into that folder. It will now have the updated version of your content on Upfront Builder. Proceed with caution, by only copying the file contents of your builder theme at first and pasting them in a new folder just in case you make a mistake you can revert back to your current files.

Let me know if this helps!

Take Care,

Ken - WPMU DEV Support

• Ken Kimbrell

Hello Sergio-

I was notified by one of my colleagues, that it is not possible to retrieve your changes made in the upfront editor. The changes are stored in the database, while the changes in upfront builder are stored in your theme files. I do hope you did take my advice and make a copy of your builder files before trying to transfer over, chances are you only transferred over the themes core default styles. Hopefully you were able to revert your changes and continue where you left off in builder. Sorry for the confusion.

Take Care,

Ken - WPMU DEV Support

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.