Upfront labels hides buttons

Hi - I'm having some niggles with using Upfront. I'm guessing there must be some solution. Often when I hover over an element control buttons are obscured by formatting labels. an example of this is in responsive mode the 'show element' button is obscured by a label that reads 'Group, 450,415'. This is an example - it happens a lot. The question is how can I remove the formatting labels to see the buttons underneath. It's particularly irritating when trying to edit a single line of text and the formatting label covers it. thanks!

• Rupok

Hi Paul,

So sorry to hear the inconvenience you are having. I tried to regenerate this issue on my test site with Upfront but I could not. Buttons and Labels are not overlapping on my site. Please check attached screenshots for reference.

Are they not appearing in the same way on your site? If yes, then can you please confirm you have updated Upfront and the Upfront child themes to the latest version and still this issue is happening?

I could tell you better about the issue if I could see it live, check your current configuration and make some tests on your site. Would you mind allowing Support Access so we can have a closer look at this?

To enable support access you can follow this guide here:

Please confirm here when you are done granting Support Access. I'm looking forward to hearing from you and resolving this issue as soon as possible.

Have a nice day. Cheers!

• Rupok

Hi Paul,

Thanks for the screenshots and also for granting Support Access. I could see the issue on your site. But surprisingly I could not regenerate this on my site in any way. Whenever I hide an element/group, the "show element" button takes it's own height so it's always clickable. So this is your site specific issue.

I'm pinging our Upfront SLS (Second Level Support) person to check this. I believe, he will come up with a solution to this on your site very soon. We will update you as soon as we get anything from him.

Please keep in mind, our SLS people work around the clock and they have to deal with lots of critical issues and other things. So it may take a little while for them to check this and provide a feedback.

I will appreciate your patience.

Have a nice day. Cheers!

• Sajid

Hello Paul,
    Hope you are having a nice day :slight_smile:

I could replicate it on your site and also on my own test site. Since it is hidden in a group element, then you have to double click on the group element to enter into the group and then make it visible.

The same way, when you made it hidden or would want to make some changes in the group element.

I am sharing a quick screencast here so you can see it in action:

Hope that clears this up and have a nice weekend :slight_smile:

Best Regards,
    Sajid - WPMU DEV Support