Upfront: Laptop vs. iPad : layout is very different

Hi,
New to Upfront and somewhat new to wordpress.
I've been using Concrete 5 for a while.

Is there a comprehensive document that explains how to make a website look very similar on a Laptop and on an iPad.

I'm finding that things look good/fine on my laptop, but when i look at it on the iPad,:
header images do not auto resize to fit the iPad, they are simply cut off on the ends.

elements have moved,

2 column text has become 1 column text,
the menu bar with text descriptions has become horizontal lines, that you have to click each time you want to see what's on the menu.

Are there settings somewhere, when i have more control over putting items in fixed positions, so they don't move, or move much when viewing on the iPad?

With concrete5, there's considerable control over these things.

I hope this is the case with upfront.

thanks!

Josh

• Kasia Swiderska

Hello Josh,

I hope you are well today and thank you for your question.

With Upfront you have control on how your website looks on mobile devices. When you are in edit mode, in left sidebar there is button "responsive mode". When you click it, you will see at top of the page icons of mobile devices (mobile, tablet, big-tablet).
    When you switch to one of the devices you will notice that view of your site changed and you will be able to manage elements to fit the view. Just like in normal mode, but the changes will be only visible for screens of mobile devices.
    You can also hide elements in responsive mode.
    With responsive mode you have almost total control how you site looks on tablet or mobile phone.

Kind regards,
    Kasia

• Joshua

1. Thanks for this. I did try this before, but the changes i did in responsive mode didn't show up on my iPad, i'll try again.

2. In Mobile mode/on the iPad, the Scribe theme uses a menu system that displays the section names.

In Mobile mode, The Spirit theme switches to a Menu system that does not show the section names, but shows an icon with horizontal lines that you have to click to see the menu items. You have to do this on every page you go to. This doesn't work for my design flow.

How do i adjust the Spirit them so the Menu works the same way as the Scribe them in Mobile mode. Meaning, the sections/pages names are showing to the mobile user in the Spirit theme?

thanks

• Kasia Swiderska

Hello Josh,

Upfront should work on every modern browser - I'm using it with Firefox and Chrome. There was an Upfront update few days ago, so could you update it on your site - this version fixed some bugs.
    If your issues on Ipad are still occurring after update, could you grant support access - I would like to take a look. You can grant support access via WPMU DEV > Support > Support Access > Grant Access.

Kind regards,
    Kasia

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.