Upfront Layout called Home page VS. Wordpress Static Home Page

After I set the Home page in wordpress setting , it seems the upfront builder's layout home page does not get applied to it, (I did not saved the wordpress page home page to a new custome page template)

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello Shahram,

I hope you're having a nice day and thank you for your question!

This is a proper behavior because Upfront Builder is not designed to edit your site. It's purpose is to let you build a theme that then can be used on the site and adjusted/tweaked edited with Upfront (Upfront editor that's a part of Upfront theme).

The rule of the thumb is:

- if you installed one of Upfront themes and want to adjust it for use with your site (like you would do e.g. with Visual Composer etc), don't use Upfront Builder but just Upfront editor; with theme active on site click on "Upfront" in admin toolbar

- if you want to build your own theme from scratch or based on one of ready themes, use Upfront Builder.

In other words, Upfront Builder works on more "abstract" layer so you can think of it like it was separated from the content, theme settings and WP "Reading" settings.

I hope that explains the difference a bit :slight_smile:

Best regards,
    Adam

• Predrag Dubajic

Hi Shahram,

When you create theme using Upfront Builder the home page will be applied by default by leaving Reading settings at "Your latest posts".

When you start creating new theme the first page you see will be your home page.
    After exporting the theme and installing it on another site it will show that page as home page as long as you have "Your latest posts" option selected.

Best regards,
    Predrag

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.