Upfront loading, pictures and editing

Hi there,

I have a previous ticket that it has been a day with no feedback. I have granted access already.
I have set up time yesterday, today and tomorrow to work n this website a total of 20-25 hours for a launch this weekend. I need to know if this is a long term issue that will require me to look into another service like DAP or if this is expected to be resolved today.

It seems that there are similar issues from others that posted relating to Upfront loading in one way or another after we have updated the latest update.

A timely response would be great considering you state that you offer support 24/7

This is frustrating as there have been no answers or even updates to indicate that this is being looked into. It seems that others have been dealing with a lot of bugs over the past few weeks. What is going on??

Thanks in advance

Elsie

• Kasia Swiderska
    • Support nomad

Hello Elsie,

I'm sorry for the delay on our side in your first thread here https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/i-am-unable-to-swap-out-pictures-from-the-spirit-theme - but creating new thread about the same issue wont speed up things, we have queue of tickets and we go from older to newer, sometimes when our forum is busy it takes us longer time to process all the tickets.
    I will notify another staff member to check you site now and we will follow up on original thread.

Im sorry again for not getting back to you sooner.

kind regards,
    Kasia

• Elsie
    • Flash Drive

I understand things get busy, it is more about manning the expectation. From my end, I do not know if there is 1 person working or 50 but you do post that you provide support 24/7 and you see others who posted after you receive responses and your post is ignored for more than 24 hours.... you wonder where you stand. I have purposely blocked Sunday night, Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday this week to work on the website. Fine tune with a content writer Thursday & Friday and do a launch of basic services this weekend...it has been communicated outwards. Now I am not sure how this will go as I have lost a day and half.
    If someone at least responded, Elsie we expect to look at your case tomorrow morning as our queue is busy, that is different.
    Anyway, this is intended as positive feedback, I am frustrated as I know my deadlines.
    So I saw this post was at 6:15 am ... When would they be looking at the site?
    Thank you in advance

• Elsie
    • Flash Drive

Hi there
    I myself am a complete novice. I do not code. I have been relying on the builder. I am great with the builder and resourceful to reach out for help. I have learned that the new cache updates made early December by GoDaddy on the Managed Wordpress platforms do not mesh with WPMU Dev's Themes. (I had a couple of great people who helped me out to figure this out. This may be why many people are having odd issues since beginning of Dec 2016. So GoDaddy has moved my page to an unmanaged Wordpress platform...or in exact terms that i don't really follow "Economy Linux Hosting with cPanel"
    I am now starting from scratch in a world beyond my knowledge.

Do you have any links to setting up the necessities? An example would be, Setting up the General settings on Upfront, security plugins, etc. from scratch?

Thank you in advance

• Nithin
    • Support Wizard

Hi Elsie,

Hope you are doing good today. :slight_smile:

Do you have any links to setting up the necessities? An example would be, Setting up the General settings on Upfront, security plugins, etc. from scratch?

Sorry to know you were having trouble with making things work. There isn't any specific setting in general to make Upfront work, it should work out of the box in default WordPress install, and if you ever end up with any particular case, we would be glad to guide you forward.

All you have to do is get WordPress installed in your GoDaddy hosting, please check this video for more info:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AF121v_zhug

Once done, Upfront should work fine in it. If you still encounter any issues, or with setting things up, you can let us know, or create a new thread related to it. I hope this helps, please let us know if you still need any further assistance. Have a nice day. :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,
    Nithin

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.