UpFront looks great, but too slow to use. Any news on that?

I tried UpFront recently and the interface looks great! On the other hand, it loaded so slowly that my workflow was alarmingly impeded. I was running the plugin on a site that has less than 10 plugins installed, so it wasn't an issue of the system being choked up with inefficient code. In fact, the particular VPS only has this single site on it and I've used every WordPress performance technique in the book. No joy.

Is there any news on the performance aspect of UpFront? And is there a good reason to stick with UpFront rather than going with Divi?

Thanks for any insights!

• Rupok

Hi John A.,

it loaded so slowly that my workflow was alarmingly impeded

So sorry for the inconvenience you are having. Did you mean that Upfront editor is loading slowly or did you mean that your upfront theme activated website is loading slowly? Can you please confirm? If editor is loading slowly, how much time is it taking to load?

If you were referring to the editor, then I think, 6 - 7 seconds to load the Upfront editor is expected. It loads lots of assets and that's why it takes a little longer to load. But I don't think 6 - 7 seconds load time at the beginning should hamper the workflow. Is it taking more?

If your Upfront activated site is loading slow, then this is very weird and should not happen. I've an Upfront running test site which loads within 5 seconds. If you site doesn't, then we need to investigate why this is taking such. I could tell you better about the issue if I could see it live, check your current configuration and make some tests on your site. Would you mind allowing Support Access so we can have a closer look at this?

To enable support access you can follow this guide here:
    http://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/wpmu-dev-dashboard-enabling-staff-login/

You can always switch to Divi or any other builder plugins, but Upfront is unique in many aspects and that's why I'll prefer Upfront than other builder plugins. Let me explain.

In upfront, you can create your own theme just by dragging and dropping elements. No other builder plugin provides this option. With Upfront editor, you can edit layouts of your theme, totally revamp the whole page, change height width and other properties of elements just by clicking on mouse, no coding required. Other builders don't support full page revamp. They only support designing the content area of a page/post. Upfront supports grid, but it doesn't limit you to be restricted in grids. You can simply drag and drop elements and by dragging the border of those elements, you can set height width to the exact point you want. You can embed third party code, shortcode, maps and other things just by clicking. You can also place any widget literally anywhere in your page. There are lots more like these.

For all these reasons and more, I'll prefer Upfront. Please let us know you thinking about these.

Please confirm here when you are done granting Support Access. I'm looking forward to hearing from you and resolving this issue as soon as possible.

Have a nice day. Cheers!
    Rupok

• John A.

Thanks for your detailed answer regarding what can be done with UpFront. Sounds great. I suppose it's going to be a little slow with all that functionality onboard. I think it was the response time (time to react to clicks) that was slow, rather than the page load time being slow, but the plugin has been uninstalled so I can't verify. It sounds like a great system, but may be too heavy for my needs. Thanks again for the details.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.