Upfront Luke & Sara Theme - big Database

Hi,
i built with the Upfront theme a page. By export the database for my live server i got a very big database. The sql file i can not use with 90MB. Is the problem the theme and editor? All other WP database exports are only 550kb and i do not more this time. Please check the image. The Posts are very big but i have no Posts in WP. It must be the editor from the theme. What kann i do ? Thanks for help. Cheerse

• Nastia

Hello @Moni86, I hope you are well today!

I'm sorry, I do not understand what is the issue. Would you please elaborate and explain it? Which from the following option, is it?
    a. You are trying to import a database from one server to another and getting error while doing this?
    b. You wish to copy the whole site to another location?

In case you wish to copy only posts, you can use a WordPress export tool by navigating on your Dashboard to Tools -> Export -> select post and Download Export File like it's shown in the attached screenshot. Once you do this, please navigate to Tools-> Import, click on WordPress in case you haven't installed the WordPress Importer, and upload the xml file there.

If you wish to copy the whole site to another location, you can try the Snapshot Pro plugin that will backup and restore your entire site.

Please advise,

Kind Regards,
    Nastia

• Moni86

Hi and thanks for your answer.
    I want to go from xampp to my provider. I only designed the theme Luke & Sara. When i go to phpMyAdmin and export the database, i got a 90MB sql file. Normaly by Wordpress 550kb.

I saw that the "posts" database is very big but i have no post in WP. It must be from the Upfont editor. I can't delete more.

The big file can not be open with dreamweaver to change my URL and can't upload to my provider.

Thank's for your help.
    Moni

• Sajid

Hi @Moni86,

Hope you are doing good today :slight_smile:

I don't think its all because of Upfront. I installed a fresh WordPress version 4.4 and imported SQL file from phpMyadmin and the total size were 400 KB only.

Then I went ahead and installed upfront with Luke + Sara theme, added a page with some text and images and then imported the database. Now its size is only 2.46 MB. Please remember that Upfront does insert some dummy pages with some dummy content so you get what you see in the live demo.

I think you might have some other old posts in the database with revisions that is making the database size so big. You can use a plugin like WP-Optimize to clean the mess from it.
    https://wordpress.org/plugins/wp-optimize/

Hope that helps! If you still need assistance, please don't hesitate to ask.

Take care and have a nice day :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,
    Sajid J

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.