Upfront : major issue on url (I have to deliver that site tomorrow)

Hi Team,

I am facing a huge issue.

After installing Upfront + Scribe I have redesigned the theme a bit for a client.

You can check the result : www/l-arbre-rouge.fr/42couleur
(/42couleur is added by the plugin 'Coming soon Pro' to allow WIP screen for client while I am working on the website itself)

Everything was working all fine till last Wednesday. Since that day, the menu links are getting crazy.

For instance the url : http://www.l-arbre-rouge.fr/la-naturopathie/
is pointing to the content of http://www.l-arbre-rouge.fr/la-formation/ that itself pointing to the content of http://www.l-arbre-rouge.fr/contact/

URL links seems completely messed-up in the database !
It is first visible on the 'live' website. Then if I tried to edit that page in Upfront, I also find the wrong content.

Since it happened first, I tried to :
- recreate the 3 pages : in WordPress and then in Upfront (what a waste of time !!!) --> it worked for a couple of hours, and suddenly, while I was making changes on the design of the pages, it started to get completely messed up again !
- de-activate plugins : nothing helped
- checked the url address in WordPRess and then in Upfront (they should be similair right ?) : some discrepancy on one page, but that page is not more messy than the others that look normal url wise.

Even more strange : sometimes, when opening the Upfront page editor, the normal content is displayed again !

My only explanation if I try to put the blame on me : I am using a different menu than the Upfront one (Mega Menu Pro). It might be that one that causes the problem ? But I tried to deactivate it and use the Upfront menu, and it doesn't help either.

I have to deliver that website tomorrow during the day, and I have no idea how to fix this, even temporarily. I am really in troubles. And very disappointed by Upfront :slight_frown: This is a major issue and prevent me to really trust Upfront for future project....

Without a solution today, I'm gonna have to rebuild that website under 'Ultimatum' another framework : it takes a lot longer to setup pages, but I never had such a terrible issue...

I have granted you access to the backend of the website.

HELP !
Pleeeease !

Many thanks in advance,
I loved Upfront so far :slight_frown: Really want to trust it again, but this is a major one.

Best,
Dominique

• Sajid

Hi Dominique,
    Hope you are doing good today :slight_smile:

That's weird, we have not reported such issue before. But thanks for granting support staff access. This is not a wrong redirect, if it would then it did not show the actual content in upfront editor as well.

What happen if you change the name and title of the pages to reflect actual page ? Does they revert back automatically ?

For example change this page link and title with La formation. Same for the other one.

Also, where is the page for http://www.l-arbre-rouge.fr/la-naturopathie/ ?

Take care and have a nice day :slight_smile:

Best Regards,
    Sajid

• Dominique

Hi Sajid,

If I change the the name and title of '/la-naturopathie' to reflect the actual page (that means that I'll have 2 pages with same title and and name as it is kinda duplicating pages) then here is what happen :
    - the 'title' refuses to be changed. It goes back to 'La naturopathie' after click on 'Update' despite hte fact that I replaced it by 'La formation' before.
    - the url becomes '/la-formation-2' instead of '/la-formation' which is normal in a way, as there is already a page with that url.
    - if I then try to reach '/la-naturopathie' I have the page 'Are you lost'...

Regarding your question 'Where is the page for 'http://www.l-arbre-rouge.fr/la-naturopathie/' ... well that's the point : I don't know ! It was somewhere. It is somewhere...

In the mean time, '/la-formation' still points on 'Contact'...

Any idea ?
    Should I try something else? Contact somebody else ?

Many thanks for your help &time !
    Best

Dominique

• Sajid

Hi Dominique,
    Hope you are doing good today :slight_smile:

What I want to say were that temporarily you can just change the titles and slugs meanwhile we figure out why exactly this happened and fix it.

I know there could be existing slug conflict but you can change that slug to the actual page as well or any temporary one to test whether it worked this time or not.

The support staff access seems to be expired, please enable the support staff access again so I can make some test myself.

Is there any more details you could share with me, specially at what point it started acting weird ? What you have been doing on upfront ? If you can share the exact steps that would help me replicate this issue on my own site and fix it up.

Take care and have a nice day :slight_smile:

Best Regards,
    Sajid

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.